The Long-Overdue (Sana x Mina x Fem!Reader)

I know Im late, but would you please listen to me?

You werent sure how or when, but you had finally broken free from her unknowing clutches when you met Mina. She was just as immaculate and you knew the feeling all too well as you fell for her, more importantly, she didnt make you feel like the second choice.

Maybe it began on a summers day, the day you had finally left the comfort of your own bedroom to pursue a frozen treat. That same day, you met her. She was warm and comforting in a way, much like the sun in the sky. She was your sun, she was the light that made your days tolerable. But now, that version of Sana had become a distant memory as she had gone off to other people.

A few summers following that one, you were once again on the way to the same frozen yoghurt place when you saw an internet café and decided to investigate. These places had become increasingly rare following the immense development of technology in recent years. That was where you met her.

That was where the all too familiar feeling had washed over you a second time, but she wasnt like sunshine. She was like a breath of fresh air, or rather, the light that opened your eyes. She wasnt like Sana, but they were alike in a sense. You tell yourself that nothing will happen this time, but life has a painful sense of humor.

The summers which followed after, were filled with much different memories than the summers before Mina. In contrast to the summer nights you had spent wallowing in your room, you were actually out and about with her. She wasnt like Sana at all, you decide, she was much better.

Hope begins to ignite within you that she would be the one to change your outlook on life, that shed be the one to change your heart. That she wouldnt be one to have an invisible clutch on your heart and mind. That shed be Mina, and not Sana.

Whats got you up? Mina asks softly, sounding understandably half-asleep as she speaks through the phone. For a moment, your lips break out into a smile at her voice. Nothing, I just missed you.

Your statement seems to elicit her heavenly giggles as your smile grows wider. We saw each other yesterday. Now that she mentions it, shes right. Yeah, but I miss you today. She giggles once again as you can hear rustling from the other end of the line.

Want me to come see you? You were hoping shed say that, you were always happy when Mina asked. Yes please. She hangs up and you pull the blanket up further, silently gushing over Minas bold advances. This was definitely a 180 degree flip from how Sana was.

As promised, she does come see you. The doorbell rings and you shoot up from bed and run over to your apartments door, before swinging the door open. Only to be greeted by Mina, clad in an oversized sweater with her hair held up in a bun.

You welcome her inside as her the corner of her lips curl up into a smile, warming your heart at the sight. Once you close the door, she spins you around to face her and engulfs you in a hug. Missed me? She whispers cheekily in your ear as she breaks away from the hug.

What movie do you want to watch? She seems to contemplate for a moment, before settling on an anime called Your Lie in April. Which was, coincidentally enough, Sanas favorite anime too. Despite the protests in your head, you decide to go along with it so as to not ruin the good atmosphere.

About midway through the show, Mina had dozed off with her arms wrapped securely around your shoulders. You were comforted and you loved her for sure, but you couldnt help but think of Sana as the story unfolded in front of your eyes.

You tell yourself that Sana never loved you, which was solidified the day she chose Dahyun over you. To stop yourself from feeling down, you snuggle up further into Minas chest. This was it for you, the happy ending youd always dreamt of.

But life had other plans, because that very night, with Minas arms round you, you had responded to a text Sana had sent you late at night. I miss you, can I call you? You tell yourself that this isnt worth it, that Sanas just texting you because shes lonely.

Unexpectedly, Sana really calls you. And even more unforseen is you picking up said call. For a few seconds, its silent. But the silence makes your stomach twist and turn as you hesitate for a few moments. I know Im late, but would you please listen to me? You dont respond, and instead hang up on her.

Whos that? Minas voice rings throughout the room, causing you to nearly drop the phone. You lock your phone and give her a smile, before leaning your head on her shoulder. Someone who isnt as important as you. She seems satisfied by your answer as she places a kiss on your cheek.