༄✧ 8. VIRAL

THINGS LIKE LOVE.
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 EIGHT: VIRAL.

*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*

REAL LIFE

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MADE ME DRIVE AN HOUR JUST TO GET VEGAN ICE-CREAM." Angie rests her elbows on the rickety table as she sends July, who was dipping her finger into her ice-cream at that exact second, an unimpressed stare. "Oh come on, J. That's so disgusting."

"You're disgusting." July mutters bitterly as she carelessly dips her finger back into the bowl, as if there wasn't a perfectly good spoon sat literally three centimetres away. "And besides, I deserve my favourite ice-cream after what you put me through last night."

Angie's jaw dropped in disbelief as she slammed her hands down onto the table, ever the drama queen. "What I put you through? What about what you put me through!"

July tenses her jaw slightly, glancing over her shoulder and casting her gaze around the generally populated cafe with her lips pulled between her teeth. Looking back at Angie, she smiles tightly. "Let's not talk about that here, please."

Two years of starring in not only David's videos, but the rest of the Vlog Squad's too, July had learned that nothing she said in a public place, especially if it was busy, was safe. David's fans were everywhere, and never hesitated to quote her private conversations on social media. It was invasive, and had made her feel incredibly uncomfortable at first, but before long, you get used to not talking about private things in public places.

Angie nods in understanding, having grown used to not only seeing her best-friend on the forefront of several viral videos, but also being present when she got approached by excited fans in public. It was surreal, but it was July's reality, and Angie was happy to accept that.

"Oh my god, you know what'd be great? If I had my own vlog." Angie smirks over the table, sipping at her iced-coffee as July quirks her eyebrows in wonder. "You could be my clickbait. I'd be a viral sensation, bet."

July giggles. "Angie, babe, the last time you were on camera was when I almost killed you with David's flamethrower - and even then, you still complained about how your makeup looked in the final cut."

"Yeah." Angie breathes, nodding as she reminisced on, presumably, how 'bad' her makeup had looked in that video. "You're right. Cameras aren't for me. I'll stick to iPhone selfies and the occasional Polaroid."

"Fat mood." July grins, using her finger to scoop up one last bit of ice cream before pushing the bowl away and humming in satisfaction. "I've been craving that for so long. You should know how much I appreciate you for driving me here."

"You should know how much I hate you for making me drive you here." Angie quips, staring over at July with a stoic expression before a grin stretched her cheeks and her eyes sparkled under the sunset that was peeking through the restaurant. "You wanna head home? It's getting late and we really need to talk about last night. Like, come on, you can't just tell me that you're pregnant and then proceed to roll over and fall into a pasta induced coma! That's just not cool, J. Not cool at all."

"Jesus fuck, Angela!" July glares over at the suddenly sheepish woman, glancing around the restaurant. Luckily, nobody seemed interested in their conversation, possibly due to the fact that the cafe was filled with senior citizens and middle-aged men who were reading newspapers and paying no attention to the world around them. July's shoulders fell in relief. "I swear, I can't take you anywhere, Angela Hugh."

Angie narrows her eyes at her best-friend, following her lead and standing up, heading toward the door. "Call me Angela one more time, I dare you."

"Angela."

"I fucking hate you, July Keaton."

AUTHORS NOTE:
holy fuck we stan a friendship!
also wow we love a bombshell
that isn't a bombshell because
everyone fricken guessed it! also,
this book will not 120% revolve
around the pregnancy, but it is
an important factor. if you don't
like that, then please find another
david fic to read, because this one
isn't for you. i have some bomb
ass ones in my reading lists! xo