Beauty And A Beat

-Beauty And A Beat

-The Earl And The Fairy

-Lydia x Edgar

-I figured this song fit quite well for them, and then I saw the lyrics.  Also, I love this series... Song by Justin Bieber, but I'm only using the beginning.

-Nah, don't believe so...

"Tonight I want to show you off." Edgar told Lydia first thing when she walked in the door.

Honestly, she should've turned around right there.

But he looked so hopeful that she just couldn't say no.

Instead, she opted for a very suspicious "Why?"

He just grinned at her. "Worried you won't fit in? Don't worry, you're more than all of them."

Lydia frowned, certain he was just saying that. In fact, he said things like that all the time.

Edgar grinned at her again and stepped closer. Lydia stepped back. "We're going to party tonight." He said, making it final. 

Lydia opened her mouth to protest, but he cut her off. "Lydia, I want to show you all the finer things in life. So just forget about the world, okay? Just let yourself be young tonight."

Lydia gaped like a dying fish. How could he say such things with a straight face?

"Go get ready. I'll come for you at eight."

Edgar left and Lydia sighed. How did she get roped into these things?

Edgar walked out, then headed to his study. He sat down and sighed, massaging his forehead with his fingertips.

Why was love so hard?

All he wanted was Lydia, and perhaps a song they could dance together. She made him complete. She made his life complete.

And though he'd danced with her once, he could tell she was a beautiful dancer. He didn't want to let any other man dance with his fairy doctor.

He wanted to be the only one allowed to place his hands on her waist and twirl her around a ballroom.

Lydia was ready by eight, as requested.

She waited uncomfortably by the doors for Edgar to come downstairs.

Raven walked up with a shawl. He held it out. "It is chilly, Miss Lydia. Lord Edgar wishes you to wear something warm."

Lydia smiled at the uncomfortable valet. "Thank you, Raven." She took the shawl and wrapped it around her shoulders.

"Lydia!"

She turned around and saw Edgar descending the stairs, a coat draped over one arm, one hand holding his top hat.

He smiled warmly. "You look lovely!"

Lydia couldn't stop herself from blushing, and she looked at the floor to hide it.

One of Edgar's hands took hers and placed in the crook of his elbow. She jerked her head up, and started to remove her hand, but his grip tightened and he didn't let go.

Raven gestured to the door.

Edgar helped Lydia out of the carriage, and led her up the steps. They entered the ballroom perfectly in time for a slow dance.