Shatter Me

-Shatter Me

-The Lunar Chronicles (Surprise, its not Fairy Tail! Oh, wait, the last wasn't either...)

-Everyone? Like, all the main ships? Definitely Kai and Cinder. Also, Winter and Jacin, and Cress and Thorne. 

-The song Shatter Me by Lindsey Stirling. This was suggested by 1libra, my sis, so thanks.

-No. I used an alternate plotline.

Cinder was cleaning up in her shop, singing softly to herself as she did so. It was a song she'd heard earlier, and it was catchy. She liked it for some reason, kind of identified with it. 

"I pirouette in the dark, I see the stars through me. Tired mechanical heart beats 'til the song disappears."

And that was probably the reason she loved the song so much. It seemed to speak to her, her confusion, her loneliness, her entire self.

"Somebody shine a light! I'm frozen by the fear in me. Somebody make me feel alive, and shatter me! So cut me from the line; dizzy, spinning endlessly. Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!"

She didn't quite feel this section as much, but still... It reminded her of herself. 

There was a knock on the wall by the open front. Cinder turned and saw a boy in a sweatshirt, even though it was hot outside.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

He entered, nodding. "I was hoping you could fix Nainsi for me."

Cinder went to work and after some time, she'd had to tell the boy to come back tomorrow and she'd keep working on the android.

As he left, she reflected on the song once more. "Shatter me." She said quietly, feeling light hearted for the first time in a while.

Outside the shop, out of sight from Cinder, Kai leaned against the wall and grinned. He hummed a phrase from a popular song. "Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me."

For just a moment, both Cinder and Kai were singing at the same time.

Cress sighed, listening to a popular song from Earth. It was a lovely song. And the second verse really reminded her of herself.

She sang along. "If only the clockwork could speak, I wouldn't be so alone. We'd burn every magnet and spring, and spiral into the unknown."

Sure, she had Little Cress, but that was different. If the satellite itself could speak, then she could have a real friend.

"Somebody shine a light; I'm frozen by the feel in me. Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!"

Cress sighed and stopped singing, but then the song took a different tone. it sounded deeper somehow...

"So cut me from the line. Dizzy, spinning endlessly; somebody make me feel alive and shatter me! Shatter me!"

Cress hit pause. "Hello?" She asked carefully.

"Hey." A masculine voice replied.

"Wh-who's there?" Cress demanded shakily.

The voice replied. "I'm the satellite. I... like to call myself Carswell Thorne." It replied.

Cress was silent, shocked. Her eyes teared up with the next words.

"I was lonely, so I thought maybe we could be friends?" Thorne asked.

Cress nodded, then said, "Yes. Yes, absolutely!" She smiled brightly, and kissed the closest part of the satellite. "Yes, I would love to be friends!"

She turned the music back on and they sang together. "Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!"

Winter was hallucinating again. This time she was a ballerina in a glass dome, desperately wanting to get out, but too afraid to try.

"If I break the glass, then I'll have to fly. There's no one to catch me if I take a dive." She sang, spinning in a circle. "I'm scared of changing; the days stay the same; the world is spinning, but only in grey."

She spun faster and faster, sometimes reaching towards the glass, only to turn away; sometimes shying away, only to be spun back.

"If I break the glass, then I'll have to fly. There's no one to catch me if I take a dive. I'm scared of change, but do I dare stay the same? The world is spinning, but only in grey."

She repeated the part, changing words, then hesitated, no longer spinning, and walking towards the glass. She reached out, tentatively brushing it with her fingertips. Her voice dropped quieter.

"Somebody shine a light. I'm frozen by the fear in me. Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me." She whispered.

Then a crack appeared in the glass. She stepped back, watching as it grew bigger, and shards fell, shattering, to the floor. A hand reached through, held out to her. 

"So cut me from the line. I'm dizzy spinning endlessly. Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me." She sang a bit more, reaching towards the hand.

She took it.

Jacin pulled Winter up and out of the glass dome, into his arms. "Shatter me." He whispered, repeating her words.

"Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me." They said quietly as the hallucination fell away like broken glass.