Chapter 17

Down at the Capital bustling through the busy streets, all you could see and feel was how lively the atmosphere around the people was.

Vendors and shopkeepers were shouting out their new goods of the day, while cultivators and passersby began or already started bargaining for a good deal.

There were also people who mainly just wanted to take in the thrilling atmosphere while some others explored the markets with their friends or fellow Sect disciples.

Trotting along through the streets, that caught many of the usual stares was a carriage that was being pulled along by highly prized Fourth Rank, Gold Stage spiritual beasts.

The people who are new to the capital couldn't help but admire and envy the owners beasts while some other just looked on with a hint of interest.

"Woah look, look." A young man shouted as he pointed towards the carriage to his friends, earning their attention. The group of men turned then their gaze towards the direction there pal was pointing at. Only then did they spotted an expensive looking carriage being pulled by 4 Gold-Rank beasts while also being accompanied by a group of soldiers and servants.

"I wonder who high-status family this carriage belong too?!" One of the men questioned as they watch the carriage come closer and closer.

"Heh well, I'm more wondering about who's in the carriage! Aren't you a little curious too?!"

"I guess I am."

"Hmm, same."

"Psss...Haven't you heard that's actually the Fourth Prince consort, Consort Zhao." An old man stepped out from his shop and approached the young group of trios answering their very similar thoughts.

"Woah you serious!"

"Yeah everyone around the capital knows of this piece of news already. Usually, the consort will visit the capital markets once in a while with his young highness."

"Oi I heard he always wear a veil that covers his face, is that true?"

"Of course it is I have spotted it countless of time but apparently rumours has it that behind his veil is actually a stunning beauty,"

"Woah really, no joke?"

"Apparently...I haven't seen him without his veil before," scoffed the old man who nudge the young lass with a playful push.

"Hmph, I bet his actually ugly behind the mask! Why would he cover himself up if he got the looks."

"Yeah, your right."

"Hahaha, I agree!"

The group of men laughed with one another as they agreed upon the very comment, walking away together as they joked around some more.

All that was heard throughout the lively streets were passerby's whispering and mumbling with one another, sharing their piece of shared rumours about the consort in the carriage.

*Sighs* "Any louder," mumbled the beauty in the carriage, shaking his head over the usual and loud daily gossip display that's was being talked about by the people outside his carriage.