Chapter 2: Woods

First off, I'm sorry it took me forver and always to updtae this story. I didn't know what to do and I had to think about it so yeah, but it's here now to stay. I honestly didn't think you'd actually like it.

Haha, that wasn't at all awkward. Why would I go in pajamas? I'm an idiot. Beyonce's lyrics ' I woke up like dis' don't support me at all. I went into my new room and plopped myself onto the bed. I didn;t even want to eat breakfast. I'm also a little stressed at the fact I'm started my sophmore year in two days. Grand isn't it. 

  "God why did you do this to me," I said speaking to myself. There's nothing wrong with talking to yourself, " Indie, why are you such an idiot? I don't know... didn't you think that you could atleast be nice looking for once in your life?"

        "Indie, why are you always talking to yourself?" asked my sister. I popped up from my bed to see the devil's daughter at my door way. She took half a step in my room, but I stopped her.

   "Yes my loving adorable sister?" I said with sarcasm rolling off every word. Her face was pulled into a frown and she closed the door. God, just leave me alone to mourn from my humiliation.

        "Was the boy cute? Do you think he'll like me?" she asked with a wide smile. She looked like Chucky to me right now. 

   "No he wasn't. He was extremely unattractive. Why don't you stick to people your own age?" I groaned. This is coming from the same little girl who said she had a crush on our 30 year old cousin. I don't know what's wrong with this kid. Soon she's going to have a sugar daddy...

           "I like older boys. They are cuter and don't pick their noses," she laughed, "but I really want to date a guy. Maybe the guy next door will fall in love with me. I mean he can't with you, considering you look like monkey butt."

   "Listen Chucky, can you please get out!" I bellowed. She shook her head and walked out of the door. It kills my self esteem when kids say you're ugly, but if someone older does it's no big deal and I'm as hot as Beyonce. 

          I turned my volume up on my radio, Michael Jackson playing high from the speakers. I needed to get dressed and know the neighborhood. I was undressing and trying to find some clothes in ym room. I was obviously getting to preoccupied by the music. 

I was jamming to the music in my room. I was so caught up in dancing I didn't notice him looking at me through his window, eyes nearly popping from his head.

 " Oh my God!" I screamed, trying to grab anything to hide my shame, which was my body in underwear. He noticed my discomfort and tried his hardest to make me feel better. There's nothing more embarrassing then getting caught dancing to Michael Jackson in your underwear.

    " Well I like your taste in music," he stuttered. I quickly closed my blinds and threw myself onto my bed, screaming into my pillow. I guess I was making too much noise because:

     " Sweetie, are you having sex in there?" asked Grandma.

  " Noooo!" I trailed on. Why am I so awkward? 

        I got dressed and decided to just brush off the previous situation. Who am I kidding I couldn't even brush it off. I just humiliated myself in front of an attractive guy. God doesn't always give second chances. 

 "I'm leaving bye!" I shouted walking out of the house. I heard my sister ask me where I was going but I slammed the door before she could finish. It was hot outside. Could it get toned down a bit I'm trying to go on an adventure. I walked around for a while looking at all the people. The neighborhood was nice. Sure the houses were close together, but I loved it. I felt like everybody knew everybody. 

         I walked until I saw a trail I always went through when I went to grandmas. Beyond the woods is an old wooden cabin. I remember going into it once and I was scared to death. There were animals in there. Ever since I saw Mama and Cabin in the Woods, I've never took a step in that hell hole again. 

  Crack 

        Oh my God, I really don't want to die. I gripped the branch in my hand tighter, turning in every single direction. 

  "I watched a whole bunch of Star Wars movies so I know some moves!" I shouted like an idiot. 

      "Seriously," laughed a voice behind me. I turned to see the boy next door. Oh god, "it's nice to see you're fully clothed."

       I couldn't even reply to him. All I could do was have flashbacks to him seeing me dancing to Michael Jackson in my underwear. You're not naked Indie. You have actual clothes on. 

  "Um...uh.." I stuttered.

         "Since you're having a difficult time, I'm Adrian and you are...."

  "Indie I'm Indie. I live nextdoor," I rushed.

       "Indie like the type of music. I like it. So you're new here or are you just staying at your grandma's for a little?" he asked stepping closer to me. I set the banch on the ground, feeling my breath become more stable.

 "Probably forver. My house burned down," I said with a sad smile. I saw the joking look into his eyes change to more sympathetic.

       "Oh I'm sorry."

  "No it's cool. I love my grandmas. I threw all the stuff I like out of the window."

        He nodded walking more down the trail. I didn't know if he was ingoring me or he wanted me to keep following. What if he kidnaps you idiot? 

        "C'mon, I'm trying to learn more about my new neighbor," he said turning around. I quickly met his side and walked next to him.

   "What else do you want to know?"

        "Well I can already tell you're a little shy and quirky. And you seem to have a stutter problem when you're nervous. You like Michael Jackson and dancing in underwear is a daily thing."

        I shook my head laughing at the last comment. I'm so used to most guys being jokers so this was new for me. I felt comfoortable around him. Oh I better stop or else Marayana will kick my ass for flirting with her man. 

  "I'm going to be a sophmore. At Kennedy High since that's the closest school. What about you Adrian. " I said rolling my tongue.

        "Nothing much. I'm a sophmore too. I play volleyball. Only a few boys can be on the team. I like pizza and my friends are coming over later. You can hang with us if you want?"

   "Are you sure that's ok...I mean I just met you. A-A-A-"

         "Oh stop with the stuttering Neighbor. You're coming whether you like it or not."

        Short chapter but I'm updating again tomorrow. I had no idea what to write. I hope things arent moving too fast. Adrian's one smooth mother -er you guys.