Chapter 5: Dating

"Kirigiri...?"
Celestes voice echoed through the room. It was midnight at their third meeting. Every since Junko appeared, Kirigiri arranged to meet Celeste, to tell her what she found out and Celeste told Kirigiri about how to crack the other students.

"Hmm? Yeah?"

"I know I'm the one who's supposed to be all knowing about the people here but... Do you know anything about Junko Enoshima?"

Kirigiri looked thoughtful and stared at Celeste for a while

"She's the one who died, right?"

"Yeah, at the beginning"

Celeste debated telling Kirigiri about the meeting with Junko. Ah, fuck it. She'll tell her, Celeste decided. Maybe Kirigiri could help sort out this nonsense.

"A few days ago when I was in the medical centre, she umm, came back to life or something"

"I didn't know that you saw ghosts while you were knocked out" Kirigiri commented with a sarcastic smile

"No. She was definitely real."

"And...? Did she say anything?" Kirigiri pressed for details looking at Celeste with her unwavering gaze.

"Well, she tried throwing knives at me, and then... She talked about you."

Kirigiri stared. "What a weird dream"

"It wasn't a dream, trust me I know" Celeste argued. She seemed to come to a solution and sat down on the floor.

"She said that if I killed someone, she.... She could spare you."

Kirigiri froze and slowly sat down. As far as she knew Celeste wasn't attached to anything. So why was she an exception.

"Do you know why?"
Celeste asked looking straight at her, her tone business like.

"No, but I do know that you know why"

Celeste paused and for the first time since she was seven, she dropped the mask that she was hiding herself behind. It felt nice.

"You're, the only one who shown me kindness. And not the fake kind. Why else would share information about the place to a total stranger. And don't give me that bull rap about me giving you info about the students. Anyone could find that out."

Celeste paused again with one question on her mind

"Why do you do that?"

Kirigiri had told nobody this and why she was admitting it to a liar, she had no idea. But never less, that didn't stop her.

"I, I really like you. Romantically"

Kirigiri looked away as Celeste looked at her.

"You're a lesbian?"

"Bi, actually"

Of course she was. How could Celeste not see this. Maybe she had ignored all the signs in fear of regection or something. But, now Kirigiri liked her...

"I like you too Kirigiri"

Celeste smiled and was finally free. She never dreamed of confessing like this and her heart was racing, her head spinning.

Kirigiri crawled over to Celeste and gave her an awkward hug. There was silence. Kirigiri spoke through it though.

"Soo, were dating now?"

"Yeah, detective girl, yeah we are"

"Ha..."