Chapter 9: ANGST

Touko was dead. Kirigiri, Makoto and the rest of the remaining classmates watched from the gym, where a drop-down screen had been placed, and was displaying Celeste and the others in a 360 view. Kirigiri growled, her face disgusted.

"This is another of Monokuma's tactics" Kirigiri whispered to Makoto. "Yeah... But why would Touko jump into a sword? That's just dumb"

"I don't know, but the masterminds distracted with their mini game so let's see if we can find more info on them."

"Okay." Makoto followed Kirigiri as she dissappeared down into the areas Monokuma was usually guarding.

Meanwhile Aoi was yelling at Junko. Celeste hadn't seen her this mad ever, even at the start of the killing game. "If you think we're gonna follow your rules and risk our lives for our friends youre wrong! B- because they wouldn't want that! Nobody wants that!"

Tears and sweat streamed out of Aoi's face. But she wasn't giving up. "Wouldn't you rather die for your friends than live without them?" Junko chimed in. This seemed to stop Aoi in her tracks "B-but they didn't do anything wrong?"

"What if they did, later on in the game and you naively trusted them? How ashamed would you be if they killed one of your only friends on purpose? All of them?" Junko spouted what Celeste thought was nonsense. It seemed to make Aoi collapse to her knees crying though.

"I don't understand..." she sniffed and cryed for what felt like days. What was Junko doing... what was her purpose with this?

"Why- why are you doing this?" Chihiro stuttered from the corner. She seemed frightened out of her mind. "Ah... The trap has spoke" Junko seemed very official now, like she was a business manager or something. "What does he wish to inquire about?"

"Trap? What the fuck are you talking about Junko?" Celeste cursed from the floor, slightly propping herself up more.

"Wait... You're still aliv-" Junko got interupted by the door slamming open to Makoto and Kirigiri. "Cut the crap Junko, we know you're the mastermind and what not!" Kirigiri spoke, authority in her voice.

"Don't enter Kirigiri!" Celeste shouted as Kirigiri's attention turned to her. Her eyes widened as she saw her lover on the floor wounded. Blood was bleeding out of Celeste's leg and her skin was even more pale due to blood loss. "W-what happened" Naegi asked.

"AHAHA, THIS IS PRICELESS!" Junko laughed from the centre of the room "The lovers... Metres away but still seperated. Trajic"

"I'm comin-" Kirigiri pushed Naegi aside and burst into the room ignoring Celeste's warnings. Maybe it was because she was scared, scared of losing the one she loved most. Maybe she was sick of the despair. Or maybe this was just what anyone would do when they saw their lover bleeding out on the floor. Ignore common judgment and warning as risk yourself for somebody else.

A bunch of knives shot out of the wall and fractured Kirigiri's back. She collapsed to the floor, bleeding out from all her stab wounds.

"K-kirigiri" Celeste crawled and lifted herself over to Kirigiri, the knifes shooting out from the next panel going over her head. Kirigiri's eyes were blank and her breathing had stopped. She was truly dead.

"W-we were meant to escape her together. We were going to go to Europe, or France and live there. The queens of truth and lies, mystery and elegance." Celeste whispered to Kirigiri's corpse, slowly losing her voice and conscience. "I... I know you told me not to.. But I have to to let you know that- I would have killed someone-- anyone, for you..." Celeste couldn't hold herself anymore, she collapse onto Kirigiri's chest, slowly fading in and out of reality.