Part 24

"So they refused?"

Jimin nodded, clutching the letter that was sent by the king and queen.

Taehyung groaned and ruffled his own hair.

"Noo, why? I thought I persuaded them really well..."

Jimin snickered and patted his back.

"Maybe they refused because they couldn't see your killer aegyo."

Taehyung pouted. "Without their approval, we can't do anything... At least according to the law, we can't..."

He threw his head backwards in his seat. "Why did they refuse though?"

"They were worried about you," Jimin sighed and sat down next to him. "They supported the idea of saving Y/N and her kingdom, but they couldn't accept you being hurt."

Taehyung grumbled. "Well that's just great..."

Both of them became lost in their thoughts for a while.

"So what are we gonna do, Tae?"

The said man drew in a long breath and finally uttered, "We will rebel."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

I walked through the hallway and spotted Jungkook's workroom. I knocked on the door and entered cautiously.

He stopped his writing and looked up at me with his big doe eyes. I gulped.

Confidence, confidence...

"I..." I bit the insides of my cheeks, trying to form a sentence despite feeling uncomfortable. "I just..."

What should I say to actually tell him what I wanted and avoid angering him in the process.

"I came here to present you an offer..." I looked into his eyes, my hands becoming clammy.

He raised his eyebrow, squinting his eyes and tilting his head a bit. "An offer? What do you mean?"

I cleared my throat and wiped off my hands on my long, velvety dress.

Okay, you got this.

"You can take all our treasures and wealth... Just let go of my people in return."

He chuckled in a somewhat amused but condescending way so suddenly that I unconsciously took a step backwards as I didn't expect such a reaction.

"If you do that," I continued with determination, "I will give up my royal status and become your subordinate."

My own words made me uneasy, but I still stood straight and firm in front of him.

His smile fell and was replaced by a frown.

My throat became dry.

I started to worry as he inspected me with such sharp and intense eyes, hiding any hint of emotion.

He got up from his desk and appeared before me in a split second. I widened my eyes and yelped when he grabbed me by my collar and jerked me forward.

"You're willing to do anything for your people, huh?" He scowled, anger evident in his tone.

My heart started shaking in fear of what was about to happen and I gulped, still unable to process the situation.

"Where were you when I was at my worst. Where were you when my people were dying. Where were you when my parents-," he stopped, his eyes glistening and his lips trembling.

I bit my lips. "Ju-"

"And yet, you value your people more than me and my family and are willing to give yourself up for them."

My heart quivered. His eyes were piercing me, caging me in guilt and fear.

I couldn't even utter anything, my insides were burning up and my breathing became irregular.

"They're not even on the verge of death, Y/N. I'm rather showing them mercy if we consider what you all did to us. I'm keeping them alive," he whispered as his face was dangerously close to mine and pushed me back, marching back to his desk.

I held back my sobs. "You can't do this. Please... I beg you..." My voice was trembling.

"Save it."

I felt suffocated and my chest tightened.

He continued on with his work as if I wasn't there.

Who are you?

I heard the door creak open.

I turned around to see Namjoon calling for me using gestures.

I looked back at Jungkook but he didn't give a single care.

I walked outside and followed Namjoon to the meeting room.

"There's someone here for you." He pointed inside.

"What?"

I pushed the door open.

I gasped.

"What are you doing here?"

A/N: I'm back y'all.

My competition didn't go well so I'm relieving some stress by writing.

Lebecca play Love myself by BTS.

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💜