Asking you to love me

So yes, it's me standing in front of you, the girl you've known since middle school, the shoulder that you've cried a thousand times on, the arms that held you each time you fell down, the smile which healed you after every breakdown and the ears that heard every new adventure you experienced. The girl who's been your best friend for so long and the girl who is deeply in love with you. And yes, it's my cracking voice telling you to love me, my shaky lips trying to pronounce those words that could either join our hearts or mess them up. Rubbing my wet hands against my pants I walk one step forward. Afraid to close that narrow but at the same time so wide line pulling us apart. What can I say? I'm just one page of your Book of Life. One of those pages you have to reread again to understand it, but you just turned to the next one and gave up on me. But you, you are my whole book, one of those books that you are dying to read the last page to see what happens but afraid to find it out. I'm about to write that last page. My pencil will dance to the sound of your words. And I hope when you are done, we can take my book and make it ours. The letters are begging you to stay, to love me. I keep trying to erase the line between us, but you just keep drawing more. And now I'm writing over them. And yes, it's me, asking you to love me.