Whimsy

Mary felt groggy as she blinked open her eyes. The sun filled her vision. A large shadowed figure stood over her from where she lay on the warm forest floor.
Squinting still, she sat up and peered at the large muzzle in front of her. She then saw two large brown eyes, then two giant fluffy ears. and finally she was standing, staring strait forward into the eyes of a giant white fox. The biggest fox she had ever encountered. She was alert, yet calm. Scared, yet intrigued by the pounds of fluff standing before her. She wanted to reach out and sink her hand into the feathery fur. She imagined how it must have felt; like a soft pillow.
"Hi, my name is Whimsy."
Mary was startled out of daydreaming and the sound of the fox. He had spoke to her!
"H-hi" Mary shyly waved at him, still staring at his fur, "I-uh-I'm-"
"Mary. I know you. I've been watching over you. You can touch it if you want" he said, feeling Mary's gaze on his fur, "I don't bite. I'm a protector."
Mary sunk her hands into the fox's side. "What kind of protector are you." Her curiosity spoke.
"I'm a protector of earthly offspring. I am drawn to the troubled youth of earth. Kind of like a guardian angel." Whimsy proudly exclaimed.
"You use the word earth as if we were not standing in that very place" Mary proclaimed.
"Oh my darling. This is anything but. You are standing in a whole different dimension. This is the Inverse Realm."