The Goddess of Time

Whimsy saw his former self. A young man. Sitting in his knees in front of a large thrown. He was shirtless with tattered pants and his shoes seemed to be nonexistent. His head hung down and his long wavy brown hair dangled ever so still in front of him. Present Whimsy had wondered how long he had been sitting there, not moving a muscle. Upon the thrown, a woman sat, lounging her feet over one arm rest and her elbow on the other. She was much larger than a human. She was dressed in a cream colored waterfall of satin and silk and fondled a dull gold staff engraved with markings of another language. Around her head was a fancy headdress that went down her forehead in a peak with a large sapphire gem glistening in the middle. Her long blond hair flowed elegantly behind her back and over her shoulder. She didn't seem to pay any attention to the man before her.
Besides former Whimsy, The thrown, the woman, and present Whimsy's conscience there was nothing else in the room. Whimsy could hardly call it a room, it was completely white; no beginning nor end.
"So." The loud and broad woman's voice startled both Whimsy's. "I see you've finally made it Winslow."
The woman's words sparked something in Whimsy's mind. He was frozen. He remembered now. All his memories from when he was a human came swarming into his mind. His name, before he died, was originally Winslow. He was born in Germany. He and his wife had moved to a better world after he found a portal to the inverse realm. His wife died after birthing Elise. And this- was the goddess of time; sitting in the thrown, staring down at former Whimsy.
"I am Daana. The present goddess of time. And in a few decades, my time will be up. You have been chosen to help me with this task Whimsy. Can you prove you are worthy of the challenge?"
Slowly former Whimsy stood up, took a deep breath, and in a broad voice answered the goddess. "I will prove my worth to you, and become the fox guardian in the name of my daughter Elise."
"Alright then. Whimsy shall be your new name. And your memories shall be held under lock and key. To receive your past once more, you must find and protect Mary at all costs. Yet you already knew this, didn't you Whimsy? The great story teller."
After a long pause Winslow spoke, "when will I meet Mary?"
"In exactly 15 decades from today, you will receive your memories. Until then, your charges and challenges will vary in difficulty to get you ready for all the challenges you may have to face with Mary. Are you ready to enter your next life as a sworn guardian of the young, Whimsy?"
Winslow nodded.
"Then it is settled. Go forth, Whimsy, the white fox guardian." With a wave of her wand, Winslow lifted up as a white sparkling cloud surrounded and engulfed him, like flames to gasoline. Then he was gone.