Trying to Unravel The Enigma

Here I am to share my views on the book "The Dhoni Touch - Unraveling the Enigma That is Mahendra Singh Dhoni" by Bharat Sundaresan. 

I would write the lines from the book in italic which would be very less, because I don't want to copy it from the book instead I want write my own point of view on it. 

The foreword is given by Ravi Shastri where he has said that looking Mahi from so near, he found him as a LEGEND. In all these years, he has never seen Mahi imposing his ego or forcing his decisions on anyone. Mahi is so brave and selfless. 

First of all, unravel means removing the knots which are tied and Enigma meant someone who is difficult to understand. So, it is all about knowing the most difficult person. This story will be mostly in my POV

Now getting into the journey of our LEGEND

This is not the story of where he has come from or where he's reached. It's about how he got there.  

To start with, just like Mahi our author Bharat ji is also having long hair. And he is so lucky that during that era, he was compared to Dhoni because of the similarity in their hairstyles. And what I found funnier was whenever they both met, it seams that the common statement was from Mahi that was "Bhaal katlo yaar" (cut your hair) and this statement was continued by his wife Sakshi too. This is what I found very hilarious and to say that Mahi is a very keen observer...this is just one example.

"Areey, yeh ladki jaise dikhne wala, dhabhe mein khane wala, cricket kya khelega?" (A person who looks like a girl and the one who eats in dhabha, how will he play cricket?) this is one of the remark made by a selector who have rejected Mahi in his early stages of his career. There were many such things he had faced until he came into lime light.

And Hairstyles, a very important topic. It seams that many people advised Mahi to cut his hair but yet he kept on saying "let's try, it would be good and the style keeps on changing sir." and it indeed kept on changing like after 2011 win (as most of you have remembered), the mane was gone completely. Now also we can see him trying new hairstyles and setting the trend.

Now coming to Ranchi, the city of waterfalls, it is well known only because of this Jharkhand dynamite. Bharat sir visited Ranchi and was led by Chittu(Mahi's best friend, for those who has seen the movie, he doesn't need an introduction) to all those places which brought cricket out of Mahi and which became famous just by few visits of their son.

Everyone in Ranchi admire Chittu and his phone is always ringing, that shows how busy he is. One sad thing was, the ground in which Mahi started playing in his childhood has promised to construct a museum of Mahi long back which they haven't fulfilled it yet. Mahi has gathered all his stuff too isteams to give them but they haven't taken it. If given such a chnace to me, I would happily do it.

 Chittu reminded me of an ad "Yaari Hai" starring Mahi along with Chittu and Chottu-bhaiya(he is the one who brought the first sponsor for cricket kit for our Mahi)

(Don't skip it please...the best ad you could ever see, i bet)

It-seams Chittu is the one who takes care of various things related to Mahi and plays an important role in Mahi's absence. Sakshi does consult him for few things. And it is said that Mahi always believed in going forward along with all of them who have been with him. He never let his relations get affected by his fame. Not to forget his simplicity, once itseams Sakshi wanted Sachin paji's autograph and Mahi being captain kept on postponing until the day of Sachin sir's test retirement. Even on that last day he was trying to convince Sakshi it-seams saying that it is not right to disturb someone in their private time.