Maahi never Retires

Hey Maahi,

Kaise ho ap? Just like every other day, you wouldn't have shown any sign of heart break yesterday as well. Moreover, your Sonu following you would have required your full resolve to take care of him showing that you are strong like always. It wouldn't have been easier for you both and it isn't easier for us to accept it too.

No farewell in 2014 

No press meet in 2020

Just a Thank you Post

To be frank, nothing changed from Aug 15th 2020 7:28 P.M to Aug 15th 2020 7:30 P.M, 

You still greet me with a smile whenever I unlock my phone

You still occupy more than 90% of my gallery

You still be the face of my all social media profiles

You still say hi to me whenever I open any chat in whatsapp

We still wait for your one picture from someone who is close to you

We still imagine you playing with Zoya, taking Ziva on bike rides and enjoying your time

We still wait for Sakshi bhabhi to come live to catch one glimpse of you but you would continue to avoid camera as if it doesn't exist

And we will still love you the same way

Indeed itseems like nothing has changed right? 

No Maahi, every little thing has changed. Cricket will never be the same without you. Trust me if I say I still can't figure out how a googly is bowled or what is a pull shot because cricket is all about you for me. I loved the toss and I wanted our team to win just to see your smile at the presentation. Many asked me why I love you so much and my constant reply would be I don't know because no one would believe me or understand me if I say that in spite of you not knowing my existence, your presence is still felt whenever I was distressed.

I am a girl who is neither expressive nor confident, I am just a normal girl whose only dream is to meet you, tie you a rakhi, get scolded by you, play with Ziva and the list is endless. You gave me a reason to smile when fifteen year old me felt that she was not being loved by anyone around 2011, you diverted my mind to writing when I was in the guilt of hurting someone in 2018. You were always my mood setter, mind divereter, stress reliever and my everything.

You know what Mahi, though itseems to many like you don't bother about your fans as you are not active on any social media platform but you are the one who is more worried about us because you know that we can't take it in your absence and you wanted to show us that you are all in smiles making us smile even without our knowledge because our minds and hearts are so addicted to you that just by looking at your happy face, our lips curve into a smile.

Since long, there was this one thought in my mind "Is Mahi being away from the game to make us and the team habituated to his absence?" but I always shushed my subconscious mind hoping after hope that we will get one last chance to see you in blues. 

People who have known you say, you are the most humble human being. Players who played along with you say they learnt a lot from you. Dada says that you have a sheer brilliance, your Cheeku says that you will always be his captain. Passing everyone, Sonu just by saying that he is proud of playing with you followed you like brother Lakshman followed Lord Ram without any questions. 

Everyone around are thanking you for all the glories you brought to our country and are wishing you all the best for your second innings. 

But Mahi, for me you can never retire as I am stopping the time in my heart and marking the memory of you on the field in blues as my last one and here on if I don't see any international match then it should be fine I guess.

Yup, afterall I am an MSDian, I may not be as good as you in hiding my emotions but I can still smile showing the world that nothing changed.

MSDian till my last breath.