Roar Of The Lion - 3

Season 1, Part 4: We fall. We raise.

Chapter 7: New Frontier

"We wanted to play matches in Chennai but after the first match we had to shift from there because of Kaveri river issue. We had thought about many options but then fixed Pune to be our home ground for this year. The reason is simple as I have played there for the last two years and over the years I had observed the wicket improving. It was difficult because our franchise had set all the requirements like gym, playroom for us as well as for our kids and also we were very comfortable there but then suddenly we had to switch to Pune which had a different conditions compared to Chennai and it was very challenging"

Chapter 8: Whistle Podu Express.

The toughest part was for our fans, "we will miss them". But then the fans approached the management and said they wanted to go to Pune and then "Whistle Podu Express" came into existence. The management provided a train from Chennai to Pune. And around 2000 fans travelled all the way to Pune just to enjoy 4 hours of match and really made Pune into Chennai. 

CSK is such a team who will win even playing in a beach because they know how to win.

Chapter 9: Not All is Won

We were playing good but then we did loose few matches. Coming to fielding, we did need to improve. Injury prone players were kept inside the circle as they won't have to put much effort and hurt themselves so that they can play through-tout the season. 

"No one wants to leave catches, but sometimes it does happen. But then there is a limit. If you keep dropping catches more than twice of an important batsmen in a crucial situation, we end up losing the game most of the times. And it was time that I need to let the team know their mistakes as I was worrying whether this "Dad's army" taunt will come haunting us." 

Season 1, Part 5: We win. We roar

chapter 10: What doesn't kill you makes you strong

"I don't know how my name was brought into all these, whatever it was we had to live through it. We don't have any control on what people speak about us, we don't have any control on what people telecast in the television but playing cricket is entirely in our control. The only thing we could do is come back with a roar. "

"Crickets, specially Indian cricketers relate everything with emotion. And the strength of Indians is emotion both in professional as well as personal life." All the eleven players in the team were contributing in some or the other way to the win. One or the other match, some or the other player is taking the responsibility and standing like a wall before the team and the loss which resulted into CSK being in the finals once again in 2018.

Ambati Rayudu, a hyderabadi player who hits at the right time, Suresh Raina, apt for 3rd position, Shane Watson, a player with agression, Ravidra Jadeja, Deepak chahar, DJ Bravo, Faf Duplesis and no need to mention M.S. Dhoni. Everyone has their own importance and the innings played by Faf Duplesis in the quater final against SRH in Wankede stadium was worth remembering. 

Chapter 11: The Injured Army

We accept that we are the team with most of the players who are 30+ to be more precise 33+. So, it was very difficult for us to stay uninjured. We had few injuries, I had few injuries too but then juniors too need to be careful as Khedar got injured in the first match, so, it was necessary for us to make sure that everything was perfect including the way we sleep. 

"I feel the best team would be decided based on the character of its team mates. It is depicted when we win despite of few key players missing."

And coming to the game, SRH was a good fighter and we have won against them thrice and people said "Law of Averages need to strike", So now fourth time in the final we will lose.

Chapter 12: Roar

27 may 2018, IPL finals, CSK vs SRH.

Dhoni won the toss and chose to field. SRH really batted well and gave 180+ target which CSK intially did find it difficult to chase because of good bowling from SRH which is popular for their bowling attack. But then, Watson took up. He scored century while Raina was supporting him and the winning runs were by Rayudu. That's it Chennai once again lifted the trophy for the third time and it was very memorable because they have to show the world that they are the same team which was two years back and all these shit won't effect them and once a king is always a king. They again proved that IPL is a tournament where 7 other teams fight inorder to play finals with CSK.

They ended it with a chorous of "We are a king...Chennai Super Kings"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This documentary is really a good thing to do as the team needs to speak about all the mess created three years back and they have reverted back very well. And totally one can witness a new Dhoni in this, he is very very different as usual it had increased my love for him.

I have only one wish that is to die as an MSDian. Love you Mahi and after knowing that you are connected to CSK so much, even we love it too. 

Signing off,

Praahi

21-03-2019.