Roar Of The Lion -2

Season 1, Part 2: starts with the below tagline

Which meant "We are back"

Chapter 4: Tell them that we are back

It all started with the first official meeting of CSK after the auction where the old team tries to mingle with the new members. After seeing an emotional video followed by an emotional speech, I was the one who had to speak next. I really found difficult to find right words to express my emotions, in between I choked, Suresh Raina came and gave water. I had to speak without letting my tears roll down. Somehow I managed and have the mike to the host. It was when the new members like Watson understood the connection that players had with CSK.

One day, the team had to get into an open bus for an event which would last for few minutes but then as Chahar wished to travel in that, Mahi asked the driver and they rode off in the bus followed by their fans all the way to the stadium causing lot of traffic jam.

Players were called 2 months before for practice as they would be prepared and at the time of match they could enjoy the game.

"That is when we realised that people want to see CSK even before the first match is played, So, I thought why not open stadiums for practice matches as well without any cost. And the stadium was filled just like it was an international match. And most of the fans came there only to see Mahi and the fans always break into the ground just to touch their idol once in their lifetime.

Chapter 5: The Perfect storm

Just like India and Pakistan, in Ipl, the two rivals are Chennai Super kings and Mumbai Indians as they both are the most famous and interesting teams. One side God of cricket Sachin Tendulkar and the other side Thala Dhoni along with Mr. Cricket Hussey, what else you need. The first match in 2018 after come back was with Mumbai in Mumbai. We stepped into with lot of emotions, thoughts, suspicions etc but our main focus was to show everyone that we came back and we are still the best. 

Wherever we go irrespective of the home ground, we have our fan base in all the venues. But it was the first time we realized that the numbers were quite big and it was a big booster for us.

"Just smile and enjoy the game. Look at our fans we are lucky to be playing for them. In a game, win or loose is quite common. So, just get on" These are Mahi's words before the game to his team. Mumbai Indians batted well and gave 160 target. It seemed easy but then CSK lost early wickets and the pressure was on them. 

Season 1, Part 3 : We start our journey

CSK lost first three wickets as well as skipper too got out and Khedar who was in the form got injured and then came DJ Bravo, who started hitting sixes and as he was all set, Rohit took the ball into his hands and sent Bravo to the pavilion. CSK is left with 1 wicket and Khedar again came into the crease and he need 7 runs in 6 balls and the three balls were dots. After analyzing the situation, the fourth ball was sent into the stands by Khedar Jadav. And CSK won.

There was no way that CSK would have won that match and in the history too, there were many such matches which were very difficult for us to win but some or the other one from our team would do miracle and we won matches.

Chapter 6: Home Coming

The second match was in Cheppak, Chennai. That is when this Kaveri river issue was going on and there were lot of protests. And there were many politician meetings and people were very angry and some wanted Chennai not to play but then the players didn't take it seriously. On the match day, the unfortunate thing happened, the fans were beaten, shoes were thrown into the ground but still our players won the game against Kolkata (Sharuk Khan's team) for us. It was a tough game and the target was 202. Our Watson has given a good reply along with Rayudu followed by unexpected Sam Billings. Finally we needed 18 runs in 6 balls and then came Dwayne Bravo again and hit a six for the first ball itself. Last over, Jadeja is in crease and he showed that he too is not less in hitting sixes and ended up in winning side.

Not only the players, the supporting staff, fans and everyone there in the stadium were enjoying their moment. Unfortunately that was the only game they played in Chennai as BCCI had shifted the place to Pune because of issues in Chennai.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next would be Part 4 and Part 5.