Part 25

"What are you doing here?"

Jimin jumped up to his feet and strode towards me, smiling.

"I'm the messenger fairy from Vuxaniel," he flapped his hands as if he was flying.

I snorted a little but quickly hid my smile.

I couldn't act friendly with him since I didn't want them to clash with the 'king'.

"Since Taehyung isn't allowed inside these walls," he looked around. "I'm delivering his message for you."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Message? I thought I made it clear that I didn't want to have anything to do with him, you or anyone else."

I felt a stinging sensation in my chest but tried my best to hide it and look displeased.

He sighed. "I can see right through you. Stop lying."

I tried not to falter but my fidgeting gave it away.

"We know how you are feeling right now, and we want to help you, Y/N. No, we will save you."

I looked at him concerned. "What?"

"We actually think Jungkook is expecting us to attack him," he chuckled. "But we're planning an ambush anyway right now."

My eyes widened in horror. "What?! No! That's too much of a casualty. I can't let you do that!"

He just shrugged. "The Prince's orders. I can't do anything about it."

"Tell him to stop it. It's not something he should be meddling with," I raised my voice.

"He's even rising up against his parents' decisions for you. Don't you get it? Your well-being is his top priority," he snapped at me and held my shoulders. "We can't turn away from this situation and leave your people to suffer. So do shut up and let us fight for you, okay?"

I was taken aback. No one has ever told me to shut up. A commoner at that.

But I gave in and nodded.

He patted my head. Another thing that shook me further.

"So you're a queen, huh?" He giggled.

I scoffed. "Yeah. And you just lashed out and petted a queen."

He smirked. "And you're letting me, so..."

I rolled my eyes.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

After seeing Jimin off, I returned to my room.

I opened my drawer to take out the music box Taehyung gifted me.

I ran my fingers over the wooden ornaments, relishing the times we spent together.

I missed him. Too much.

My eyes started to become blurred with tears.

For the past few days, I was too restless even though I was at home. It's the place I have been born and raised, but I felt empty.

I wanted to be in a whole different place. Next to him.

I missed his laugh. I missed his smell. I missed his warmth.

I craved his presence.

I still wanted him to be away from me. From him.

I didn't know if his plan would work or not.
I didn't want to take any chances.

If it doesn't work...

No...

I buried my face in my hands.

Why did I agree to that?

I don't know what I'll do if he dies because of me.

I bit my lips, suppressing my sobs.

Everything is all my fault.

If I never met Taehyung, he wouldn't be risking his life for me. If I never ran away, I wouldn't have dragged him into this mess. If I never left Jungkook to suffer on his own, all of this wouldn't have happened.

If I never met Jungkook...

I ran my fingers through my hair and inhaled sharply.

I should do something before they arrive tonight.

But what?

I scanned my room and my eyes fell upon the torn dress that I wore when Jungkook threw me into the cell.

I should throw that away.

Wait.

The cell.

That's it!

A/N: Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💘