five

"So?"

"Well, the kid needs something apart from this kind of music, you know," Jaesun says, raising her eyebrows at Jungwoo as she turns up the volume of the speakers. "It's going to make his head explode."

"More like the volume is going to make my head explode," Kunhang mutters, crossing his arms over his thin chest. "You're making me look bad."

"I'm making you look bad?"

"Well, Jungwoo's here," Yangyang supplies helpfully, leaning over the side of the bed and resting his chin in his cupped palms. "You're embarrassing us."

"N—no, that's okay." The blond in question blushes, looking at the girl and turning away shyly. "All music is good."

"That's right." Jae grunts, giving him an approving smile—if you could call it a smile. "Plus, Led Zepellin is classic."

Kunhang sighs. "There's a difference between classic and classical, Jae."

Jungwoo stays quiet, hanging over the goth girl's shoulder and hearing the exchange with neutral ears. He remembers how Jaesung said that Kunhang doesn't talk much, but here he is.

Maybe he just enjoys bickering with pretty girls.

"Ten likes Led Zeppelin," He offers, biting his lip and wondering why he didn't say he liked Led Zeppelin instead.

She looks at him weirdly.

"He's—uh, he's a friend of mine and Xuxi's," He withdraws into himself, feeling like a porcupine without the...porcupine. "He came here with me, but he had to go grocery shopping."

Kunhang scoffs. "We all know he doesn't go grocery shopping except for condoms."

"Kun!" Jungwoo gasps, his own face reddening. "Who taught you that?"

"What? Lucas says it all the damn time." The twelve year old mumbles, not meeting his eyes.

"That's not possible, Kun." Yangyang rolls his eyes, mustering his best wise expression. "Ten is gay and he probably doesn't use condoms."

"Yangyang!"

"Yeah, yeah, sorry, Jungwoo," He sighs. "Dejun said it and I wanted to use it so badly."

"Woah." Jaesun laughs, shaking her head. "Beethoven teach you that?"

Jungwoo hides his face and his hands, embarassed.

"Hey, blondie, don't freak." She pats the top of his blond halo, and then his back. "Hey, Yangyang, I think gay people have to use condoms too, you know, for STDs. Though I'm not too sure how it works."

"Jae." Jungwoo whines.

"Alright, alright, I just wanted to hear you say that again." She grins. "So who else is down for the White Stripes next?"

"I don't like the White Stripes."

Jungwoo looks up to find Kunhang rolling his eyes, attempting to get the Bluetooth speaker from the girl's hands, but with little success.

Jae's blue streaks catch the sunlight from the open window, making it look ethereal for a split second before she dives for Kun's head again. Her frame is thin, skinny even, and her dull tomato-red t-shirt stands out against her bright ornaments.

Even her faded jeans look washing machine-d.

It's a little surprising he's gotten used to Jaesun so quick, especially as he met her a literal hour ago. Or has it been more already?

He looks up at the baby pink clock that adorns the cream wall at his right, and sighs. He doesn't want to go just yet, but he has babysitting duty.

"Okay, you two, time for bed." He uncrossed his legs and gets up, cringing when his joints po after having fallen asleep in his sitting position. "It's half past eight already."

"Really?" Jae asks, looking up at the time, her eyebrows jumping. "You guys better sleep, then. Or Yukhei's gonna whoop your asses."

Yangyang giggles. "He said Kunhang doesn't have an ass."

"Hey!"

"This is hard." Jungwoo rubs his forehead with two fingers, looking down at the picnic. "Race each other to bed."

Yangyang jumps off the bed excitedly. "Last one to bed is an elephant's diarrhoeal poop!"

Jaesun looks mystified. "The fuck?"

Jungwoo shushes her violently. "No cursing in front of the kids."

"That sounds so straight, I can't."

He blows a strand of his hair out of his face in frustration, and pouts at the two pre-teens. "Lucas taught you that?"

"He said that we shouldn't tell."

"Okay." The blond inhales and exhales, counting to Chittaphon inside his head. "I have to go babysit Jae now."

Jaesun looks at him, bewildered. "Me?"

"Not you, the other Jae." He waves his hand. "The Hyun."

"The Hun?"

"Hyun. H-Y-U-N Hyun." Jungwoo wants to pee. "Can you get Jun? He doesn't listen to me."

She looks amused, opening her mouth probably to put forward a smug remark on his behalf, but then she looks at the kids. "Sure."

She disappears out of the door.

Jungwoo looks pointedly at the round-eyed boys. "Don't call each other earwax."

Then he follows her.

|

so ya girl predicted not only exo's concept, but also the regular mv concept and doyoung's hair color (see: jaesun's hair color).

livin' the thug life 😎

lol jkjk but it's crazy i mean i didn't know i had that divination thing in me waOw

so practically all of the chapters are gonna be sorta toned down, because this is low-key (read: high-key) a crackfic.

i'm all about that failed humour tbh

peace out

p.s. WALKING WITH THE CHEESE THAT'S THE QUESO