SAY THE NAME

i'm a fucking dumbass hahA

|

"NOT TODAY, BITCH!"

Ten yells defaintly and presses down harder on the console, leaning forward with a hard edge so that his torso is at a sixty degree angle to his lap. His senses stay completely focused on the screen, choosing to ignore the creak of the main door as it swings open a crack further.

His chosen character pummels the opponent with a repeated pattern of stylised moves, less in range but more in efficiency. The enemy's health bar drops slowly to red.

"Ten?" His eyes cut to the door at his left, where a slightly confused and surprised Jaesun stands, teetering as if between decisions. "Is Jungwoo home?"

"Uh-huh," Performing a series of kicks and frontal attacks, Ten licks his lips in anticipation. "He's taking a pretty long piss. How'd you get in?"

"The front door was open," She answers with a shrug. "Which you would've noticed if you'd paid better attention."

"I was gaming."

"Your point?"

"You shouldn't just walk into people's houses, even if the door is open," He explains, rolling his eyes.

She snorts. "Like you wouldn't do that."

"Hey," He shakes his head minutely, steadying with his thighs the extra-large bag of Cheetos on his lap. "I know him. I'm allowed to do that."

"I know him too, so..."

"Well, I've known him for years," Poking his tongue out through one corner of his mouth, tasting a remnant of spiced crumbles next to his lips.

She folds her arms across her chest, leaning her jacket-clad shoulder against the door frame. "Time is irrelevant."

The statement is issued in the manner of a wild card, and he nods at her, albeit grudgingly. With a final pattern, he finishes off the opponent's avatar, executing a series of flips and air-punches in victory.

With a sigh, Ten sets down the console next to him on the sofa and ventures his almost-aching fingers down the gaping throat of a hole in the plastic packet. "What business have you here?"

"Came here just 'cause," She shrugs again.

He nods again. He understands the impulsive need to go somewhere just 'cause.

The atmosphere in engulfed in silence again, only broken by the soft crunch of the Cheetos balls between the ravenet's teeth.

"You have nimble fingers," Jaesun starts, pausing as she realizes that it's probably not the best way to start a conversation, and then thinking, fuck it. "Just gaming, or do you—"

"Finger eager clients on a paid basis?" He asks. "Maybe."

She cracks a smile. "I was going to ask if you played the piano, but I guess that's a valid reason, too."

"I do play the piano," He says. "At least I did. And the guitar. And the violin."

Her eyes widen a fraction as she studies his fingers with a newfound sense of surprise. "Oh."

"Yeah," Ten wiggles his orange-coated fingers at her. "I would've been a child prodigy, except my literature teacher announced me to be a certified ass at language."

"You can still be a child prodigy in music, but whatever goes, I guess," She frowns. "Why though?"

"We had this mini-assignment in sixth grade, to use metaphors to describe something we see on a daily basis," Studying his fingers now, almost wistfully. "Apparently dandruff falling from your hair isn't like snowflakes on a winter morn."