six

Movies are not Jungwoo's thing, at least not when he's supposed to be sitting next to a sexually active couple. But then, this is precisely what the job description of being Kim Jungwoo tags.

Taeyong's hand is currently resting on Jaehyun's thigh—too close to his pelvic girdle. Jungwoo's eyes shift uncomfortably to the spot, before flickering back to the movie screen.

The worst thing about the whole scenario is that the popcorn bucket is smudged between the pair of lovers—far out of the needy one's reach.

No one else really pays attention to the two, but he notices a little kid—maybe nine years old—stare at them in wonder.

Jungwoo adjusts his t-shirt, peeking at the two next to him, who seem to be more than a little disinterested in the movie.

The popcorn rests exactly between them.

He takes a glance at the screen. The supposed hacker is typing away at his strangely futuristic keyboard—he's yelling, so he deduces that someone is going to die.

He looks at the popcorn again.

Jungwoo feels like tearing his hair out when his stomach growls, and the lady next to him gives him a nasty look. He exchanges it for an apologetic one, and bends forward in an attempt to reach the popcorn.

But that has more than just a few reactions.

Jaehyun chooses the perfect moment to lean in, and before Jungwoo knows it, his friends are kissing in the middle of the movie hall—literally, because their seat is 10, 11, 12-J. And the hall is relatively small.

The bucket teeters on the edge of Taeyong's knee.

Jungwoo yelps softly, diving and saving the popcorn from taking a spill onto the bacteria-infested floor of the hall. The bucket falls into his hands just as the hero of the movie jumps from the building, and a kernel falls out, but that's okay.

The lady next to him glares at him through her 3D glasses, and he cowers weakly and looks away. Taeyong and Jaehyun are still kissing, though it's turning messy.

He cringes and shakes his head, turning his attention back to the screen.

The building is now in flames—but the main character is making her exit, and hits the ground running. The hall cheers.

Taeyong and Jaehyun are now making out.

Jungwoo shakes his head slowly, wondering how hormones could react sexually to an action-based thriller, but oh well, he thinks, popping a fistful of kernels inside his waiting mouth.

He's not the one missing the climax due to an impromptu make-out session.

Maybe there are perks of being a third wheel after all.

|

The taste of buttered popcorn is still melting on his tongue as he enters the washroom, which is almost empty.

There's a little kid sitting on top of the trashcan, which he doesn't understand—or question—but Jungwoo is more than a little disgusted.

He proceeds to take a piss.

As he does, he thinks about Ten, and wonders whether he's sorting out his grocery, which he's almost completely sure he hasn't bought. Maybe he's blasting Big Bang into the street, because that's the kind of shit Ten does.

He sighs, zips up his pants, and walks over to the basins. Someone's left a tap flowing, and he scowls before leaning over to close it. Then he opens another one to wash his hands.

Taeyong walks in right after, and joins him at the sink.

"Hey, Jungwoo," He starts, pausing as he splashes water on his face. "Who died?"

The blond turns to him, offended that he's expected to fill the others in about the movie that they had proposed to watch in the first place. "No one."

"Really?" Taeyong reaches for the paper towels.

"No." Jungwoo says, his voice soft.

"That's weird." The redhead comments, a few wet strands of his hair plastered to his forehead, darkened and red. "They almost always blow up the bad guy."

Jungwoo decides not to tell him.

"Lucas told me you wanted to go bowling with him in the afternoon." He wipes his face. "You wanna go now?"

"No, it's already late." Jungwoo shrugs. "They close by eleven."

"It's not eleven yet."

"I have to call up Ten, too." Jungwoo says, and Taeyong flinches. "Uh, you okay?"

"Yeah, just dandy." He mutters, shaking the water out of his hair. "Why do you have to call him?"

"He was supposed to go with me, but then Lucas called him up to babysit his brothers, and then he disappeared..." Jungwoo bites his lip, wondering whether to drop the subject as Taeyong's expression darkens. "...to go grocery shopping."

The redhead grunts, glaring at the little kid who's sitting on the trashcan. "Get off, kid." He brandishes the wet paper towel.

"I want a ten." The boy sniffs.

"Hell, everybody wants a ten." Taeyong says viciously, and Jungwoo watches him, stumped, as he throws the wet towel on the floor. "You can't get a ten, and neither can I."

He stomps out of the washroom.

The kid and Jungwoo stare at the towel. The blond has a feeling that it's not money Taeyong was talking about.

Sighing, he picks up the wet paper and fishes out the money.