━ six

✯ choi soojung ✯

"I'm starving!" Jihoon exasperated for the twentieth time in the past two minutes. He dramatically threw his head back and held his stomach.

"Jihoon, can you die quieter? I'm trying to find something to eat." I opened the fridge and inspected it's contaminates. "I wanted cereal, but no! Jihoon can't have cereal. That's just not enough for him." I grumbled.

I closed the fridge and sighed. "There's not really any breakfast foods, we will have to go out for food."

He nodded in response. "Sounds good to me. It can be a date!" He smiled excitedly. I rolled my eyes. "It's not a date, Jihoon." He pouted towards me. "Fine," he sighed, still pouting.

We walked outside to his car and headed on our (mainly his) mission for food. The car ride was quiet but not too awkward. We arrived to a small diner with a sparse amount of people, mainly people in their sixties and seventies enjoying their routine breakfasts.

We were seated in a booth and Jihoon pouted as soon as the hostess left. "Why are you still pouting, you're getting food!" I sighed, picking up a menu.

"You said we aren't on a date. This would be such a cute date. You're ruining my opportunity here. Can this please be a date?" I could hear the persistent pout in his voice.

"Look at your menu." I said, not bothering to take my eyes off of mine. "Look at me first." Jihoon said.

"The waffles look really good in the picture, don't you think?" I continued to flip through my menu. "Soojung, look at me." I could feel his gaze pierce through me.

He reached over and lifted my chin so I was making direct eye contact. I felt my face burning up, from both his hand and his stare. "Staring contest. If I win, this is a date, if you win, I will buy you all the waffles you could ever ask for. Deal?" His hand kept its soft hold on my chin.

"Deal." I responded. "Okay. Three, two, one, go." He counted down. As I stared, I grew hot in the face from the combination of his stare and his hand holding me in place. "You're so beautiful." He smiled. He then blinked, not realizing.

"You blinked!" I pointed. "I win! Waffles here I come."

"I must've been too lost in your beauty." He smiled. "Too bad I lost." He pouted again.