Seperated

Kassandra's POV

              Earlier

I screamed and screamed and could feel Laas screaming along with me and our voices mixed together to make a soroful howl.

My fists pummeled the ground beneath me and chucks of it flew up and away in every direction. When my eyes opened a blinding white light shone out of them and I strangely found myself no longer in control of my body.

Laas was the one currently in the drivers seat and I reteated to the quietness at the back of my mind as she stood us up and went to the last spot we had seen our mate.

Reaching both hands forward she gripped the shimmery edges of the space in front of her and pulled.

I was amazed and "sat up" and watched as the air in front of us crackled and started tearing.

"I'm going to tear that portal wide open, were going to get our mate back." Laas growled and I agreed with her wholeheartedly.

There was no thought for what was happening around us or the chaos we might be creating. The only thing that we were thinking was getting Aliana back.

"Kass!! What are you doing?!" Fen screamed at our back. Laas spoke to him without turning away from the widening portal.

"Stand back pup, I'm going to get my mate!!" She snarled and felt Fen and Scar who had joined him move away.

The potal crakled with black lightening as we pulled it apart until it was roughly the same size as it was when it swallowed Aliana.

What we weren't expecting was Aliana's mother to be standing on the other side of the portal waiting.

She smiled when she saw me and before we could do anything she sent a stream of black lightning at us.

The blast hit us square in the chest and flung us back away from the portal and I watched as the portal started closing.

It wasn't stable to begin with and the only thing that kept it open was our hands. We looked up at Aliana's mother and she had a smirk on her face as she looked down at us.

"She's mine." She chuckled as the portal sealed shut once again.

We scrambled back to the closed portal tripping over the broken road and ripping our clothes to sheds.

Laas raised our hands again as she had done before, but unlike the last time the air in front of us didn't shimmer. Our hands just moved through the air.

She screamed. I screamed. We screamed and the air around us shook along with the ground.

In the distance I could hear veichles approaching but none of that was important as Laas continuiously tried to reopen the potal with no success.

"Open, open, open, damnit open!!!!" Laas screamed out of our mouth.

Tears dripped down our faces as we lifted our head to the sky and roared.

The sound of closing doors didn't stop our anguish, nor the sound of shouting voices.

Our mate was gone. After being alone for so long we had finally found the one to complete us and now she had been taken.

The mate marks on the left side of our body began pulsing painfully. It hurt, it hurt so much as if the blood inside our body was trying to escape.

But this insignificant pain was nothing compared to the pain we're going through of loosing our mate.

"Kass! Laas! Whichever one you are, you have to get a hold of yourself! You're destroying the planet!" Fen shouted at us and we turned our head to see a him and Scar along with a load of soldiers and Aliana's family shaking along with the planet.

"She's gone." Laas whispered in a broken voice and I felt our heart break.

Even after all the training we had done, we had been useless when the time came to protect the one most important to us.

"We'll get her back, I swear we'll get her back but you have to calm down and control your power!" Fen said he had to shout over the rumbling.

"Why should I care about these insignificant lives when the one that is everything to me has been taken?" She asks and drops our head forward.

"Because that's the kind of person you are. A caring loving person!" Scar joined in and sobs soon escaped our lips.

"She's gone, She's gone, She's gone." We kept whispering as our eyes began to close and the broken ground got closer and closer

The last thing we saw was Fen and Scar along with Aliana's family running towards us.