War

Kassandra's POV

Everybody was preparing for the upcoming war, including me. Everyday since the meeting with the Royals, Fen and Scar had been helping me train.

They didn't go easy on me at all and more than once I caught Fen off in his own world. He wasn't being his usual funny, loud and outgoing self, he was quiet now and distant.

It had me worried.

Hopefully when Aliana got back she would be able to make him smile again.

Ducking a swipe to my head I rolled out of the way as Fen dove towards the spot I had just been. Snarling, he looked at me with angry eyes and I took an involuntary step back as Scar moved between us, standing protectively in front of me against her mate.

"You need to calm down Fen before you do something stupid." Scar said as Fen just stared at us. A stare that was completely similar to Aliana's. I shivered when those eyes landed on me.

I shouldn't be surprised that he was able to achieve Aliana's look being as the two if them had been together for so long.

"I know how you feel right now but if Aliana had seen you almost hurt Kassandra just now we all know that she would have killed you." She continued as his look softened and he dropped his head.

"I'm sorry Kass, it's just.."

"It's okay Fen. I understand." I told him, giving him a smile which he couldn't see because his head was still down.

"It's not. I need to get my head on straight before she comes back or she really will kick my ass." He said with a chuckle and finally looked up.

Still smiling at him I stepped around Scar's white body and reached out to rub the top of his head.

"It's okay Fen." I said giving him a small smile and he also chuckled a little.

"She's right Kass, I need to pull myself together because..." His words were cut off as the room started to shake. I was just about to ask what was going on when the door to the workout room was thrown open and Lana came rushing in with a panicked look on her face.

"We need to go now!" She rushed out as she grabbed my wrist and started dragging me out of the room with Fen and Scar rushing after us.

"What's going on?" I asked as we ran down hall after hall while all the while the ground continued shaking.

"The dark faction are attacking the planet directly now, we need to meet then before they make planet fall and start destroying everything." She said just as we reached outside to see a large group of people in the shining armour and strapped down in weapons.

"We must go now! They're already too close!" Lana said as the group went into energy form and as one launched into the sky.

Dalton and Kera came and stood next to Lana and they also lit up and then looked over at me and I finally caught on and did the same. Thanks to whatever Aliana had done to Scar and Fen while we on the ship they were able to use energy form by themselves.

"Do you think she'll be there?" Fen asked from beside me as we followed the others into the air and into space and I froze.

I had almost forgotten about that, would she really be coming with the dark faction? What had happened to her? What did Saline do to her?

Just the suggestion of her even there made Laas perk up and she took partial control and made us continue moving forward.

"There is no delay little one, our mate might be close, we must go and meet her." She said with so much determination that it spilled over into me and I took control back from her and caught up to the others in no time, passing them and joining the soldiers who had left before us.

As soon as I reached them, a few of the Generals approached me. All were familiar faces, after the meeting I had with the Royals I had spent the past weeks with either Lana and Dalton trying to help them any way that I could. That included helping the army.

"We believe they will exit the portal over there." One of the men in front of me said while pointing in the direction that a large amount of dark energy was coming from. Closing my eyes I tried to feel out Aliana's energy but like all the other times I had tried I wasn't able to feel her.

"The soldiers will form up in the formation we discussed would be best to counter them once they emerge." He paused and looked directly in my eyes for a few seconds before speaking again." I know you said that you refused to fight your mate and I understand that but what we want to ask of you is to at least keep her occupied.

We won't stand a chance against this invading force if we have to split our attention between them and her, at least with her attention diverted we can be on equal footing with them." He said and I nodded. That was the least I could do. Keep her busy until they finished with the Dark Faction.

Satisfied that I would help they returned to their units and began instructing them and Fen and Scar moved to either side of me as the others moved up behind me when there was a ripping sound coming from the direction the General had pointed out earlier.

"Here they come."