Captured

Aliana's POV

Those horrible chains dragged me through the darkness. I could hear the mournful howl Kassandra had let loose before the portal closed and it played repeatedly in my head.

When we finally left the darkness my back slammed against something hard and I spat out a mouth full of blood as the chains around my wrists and ankles pulled me more solidly against the wall.

My shoulders continued to bleed as the hooks were forced in deeper. When the chains had finally stopped pulling me back I raised my head and looked at the room I was chained in.

The rooms wasn't that large about the size of large closet. The entire room is gray, the walls, the floor and the ceiling. There is no door in the room. At least none that I could see, I tried pulling on my bonds again but they gave no slack.

"We must get back to our mate!" Krii growled and I growled back.

"Don't you think I'm trying!" I snapped at her as I continued trying to break my chains.  I was loosing a lot of blood from the chains in my shoulders but I ignored it and continued my struggle.

"You're going to hurt yourself if you keep pulling at them like that." A voice in front of me said and I snapped my head up to look at them.

I hadn't heard anyone enter the doorless room and I didn't sense anyone in the room with me.

When I saw who it was Krii and I roared, but she just stood there watching us as if it meant nothing. My fight against the chains increased with no results.

"You look just like that mate of yours, She's a resourseful little nuisance." She said and I had growled when she spoke of Kassandra. "Does that make you upset daughter?" She laughed at my struggles.

"I just paid her another little visit." She said and darkness flashed over my eyes as Krii took control and roared.

"I will kill you!! You are no mother of mine!! " Krii snarled in a frightening voice but Saline just laughed.

"Maybe  I should have used more lightening on that mate of yours." She said I fought along with Krii at the thought of her attacking Kassandra.

"If you've hurt my mate I will hunt you down and kill you, slowly, painfully." Krii snarled as Saline continued laughing.

"What do you think you're going to do when your all nicely tied up here?" She asked and moved closer and we tried to lash out but the infuriating chains held.

She stopped when she was directly in front of us and held our cheeks in a harsh grip and squeezed as her nails dug in and drew blood.

"I own you Aliana. From the moment you were born you were mine. You will do as I say or I will destroy the one thing you hold most dear." She said with that same smile.

"Threats will not work on me you malsvir darastrix." Krii spat and Saline stepped back, releasing our bleeding chin and waved one of her hands through the air.

An image of Kassandra appeared and I fought to get to it as if she was really here as snarls and growls were ripped from throat as I watched as my mate was struck with a black lightening bolt and her body was flung away from the portal and over the broken ground. She scrambled to her hands and knees towards the closed portal as it closed and the image vanished.

"Release me!" Krii screamed as the last image we say was of our mate bleeding.

"You should be thanking me, I was very careful with her." She scowled as we struggled.

"Now won't you do something for your long lost mother Aliana?" She asked and we snarled.

"No, never." Krii growled and Saline slapped our face.

"I wasn't speaking to you beast, let me speak to Aliana." She said and for once her face lost that smile.

"We are one." Was all Krii said and Saline scowled.

"Not for long." She said and turned away from us and disappeared.

Slumping back against the wall Krii gave me back control and I let my head hang as I tried to think of a way out of this situation.

"We have to get back to our mate." Krii said again and this time I more than agreed with her.

"I know."