Escape

"Just a little more." I strained as the last of the chains dissolved into my body.

I could feel the metal from the chains moving around in my blood. I didn't know what the repercussions of doing this was but I didn't care.

"As soon as we're free, teleport." Krii said but she didn't need to tell me.

"Now!" She said as my broken body fell through the air and before I could hit the ground I was already teleporting away but I also saw Saline's shocked face before I  disappeared.

I knew that I didn't have enough energy to make it back to Illirian yet so I used my energy to take me as far away from Saline as possible and then used the remainder to erase my.trail so she wouldn't be able to follow right away.

I wasn't in any condition to fight her and win yet but right now my main goal was to get back to Kassandra as quickly as possible.

What I wasn't expecting was for the teleport to be so hard on me and as soon as I came out of it I crashed into something that looked like a desk and was able to register lots of shocked faces around me just before I passed out.

                  **************

Waking up was a real experience. I could sense people around me. I could also feel my body repairing itself but it was taking longer than usual.

Moving my hand, I met resistance. Opening my eyes I found myself in a tank, submerged in water.

Frowning, I looked forward and found myself being stared at.

"She awake!" One of my onlookers shouted and the others in the room flocked to the tank I was currently in.

Flexing my hands I saw wires attached to me and pulled then out. I frowned when I saw a flash of black from my hand and froze when I saw my arm.

From my fingertips to my elbow was covered in the same black metal that had held me captive.

Moving that hand it responded like.normal and I was grateful. I didn't know what was happening but at least I still had the use of my hand.

"She removed her feeding tube." A voice outside the tank brought my attention back to them.

They looked like normal humanoid creatures except for their eyes which were all brown and I relised that these were people the I had met before with Kassandra when we were on that ship.

They stared at me and I could see machines everywhere in the room. Taking all of my readings and I frowned not liking the thought of what these people could have done to me while I was out.

I pointed and indicated for them to release me from the tank but a man stepped forward and frowned at me.

"You're not healed yet, you need to stay in there for a little while longer." He said and I shook my head and pointed again for them to let me out.

"Not yet. Three more days." He said and I closed my eyes and punched the glass in front of me, shattering it.

I could hear screaming as as the water poured out of the newly made hole and I was sucked out on the ground and immediately started pulling off the many wires that were on me.

The machines started going crazy and then I felt someone touch me and I reached up gripping their arm and shoved them away.

There was a tube in my throat and I pulled it out and choked a little as I stood up on shaky legs looking around the room at the many curious face gazing at me.

"I need a bed." I said but nobody moved so I spoke again.

"I need a bed, food and water." I said and finally they started moving.

I would deal with them and the information they had gotten from me while I was asleep later. Right now I needed to rest and get my strength back so I could get to Kassandra.

And kill Saline.