Chapter 8

"Wait for me to come back, darling."

Kongpob replays Arthit's last words before the latter went out to buy their dinner. He feels like his face will be torn because of too much smiling, but he doesn't care. He keeps on replaying it until the door opens again.

Arthit comes back from the food stalls with plastic bags of food and drinks. He's talking to someone on the phone when he enters the room.

"I'm fine." There's a smile on his face. "How about you, Namtan?"

Kongpob's face turns sour when he hears the name. Now, he asks himself why he called her, or if she called him. Either way, Kongpob doesn't like the idea of Arthit talking to her.

Arthit sets the plastic bags on the table and gently sits on his bed. His eyes widen when he hears what Namtan has said. Kongpob starts to get curious.

"Oon, are you listening to me? I said Joy wants to meet Kongpob. She's forcing me now, so I have no choice. That also means that you have no choice," Namtan says on the phone.

Joy is Namtan's friend in her faculty that has this big crush on Kongpob. Arthit and Namtan already talked about her before.

"I don't think—"

"Oon, shut up, and listen to me." Namtan can be really controlling at times. "Just ask Kongpob to go to the café this Sunday. He's still single, right? I know he's still single."

"Namtan, I don't think Kongpob will go."

Hearing his name, Kongpob's curiosity goes off the scale. Why am I involved here? Where would I not go?

"Don't make excuses for him, Oon. You still haven't asked him yet!"

"It's not that I'm making excuses for him... It's just that..." Arthit can't think of any reason. "...he's a very shy person, and he won't meet Joy—."

"Oh. He's the shy type? Well, you can accompany him. Then, I can come with Joy. Yes! Yes! That's actually better. Let's have a double date!"

Arthit's mind goes blank.

.

.

.

"Oon? Oon? Hello?"

"Yes?"

"See you on Sunday."

What Sunday? "Okay."

Namtan ends the call. It's at that moment when Arthit he realizes what he's done. Fuck.

"Fuuuucckk!"

He tries to call her back, but she can't be reached now.

"What is it P'?"

Arthit holds his head with both hands, furious and confused about what he has done.

"P'Arthit, I'm worried. What is it?" Arthit tries to face his boyfriend.

"Kong, I'm sorry. I... I..." Arthit holds his head again.