chapter twenty-three: plans for Mason's birthday

I turned back to my table. Thinking he would leave.
But this is Jackson we are talking about. 
He grabbed my hand. And started walking out of the canteen.

We arrived at the parking lot where i couldn't see a living creature their. And did i mention that we were alone?.

I got tensed up and he noticed it so he let go of my hand.

"why did you bring me here Jackson?" i said in a bored tone yet scared about being alone with him.

"didn't you know it yet?. I thought it was obvious" he said and started coming forward with a mischievous look on his face and whereas me I'm going backwards with a scared look on my face. 

"um. What are you... Trying t-to...do?" god help me. Why is he even coming forward?  And why on earth am i going backwards?

Urgh.

He laughed. And trust me that laugh reminded me of someone who made my life a living hell and i don't want to think about it . Coz if i do. I would surely faint.

"will you cut the crap and tel me why on earth did you bring me here?"

"whoa ok lady. We're skipping school. Anna has a surprise for Mason's birthday tomorrow and she needs our help with that."

What the fuck. It's mason's birthday tomorrow?
I should ask alice about it. Coz i don't even have a tiny bit trust on him.

"i don't believe you. She could have told me yesterday about it."

"uhh... Why are you so stubborn. Fine let me call her for you."

He called up anna and when she picked up the call

"hey. Anna. Emy wants to talk to you"

I literally choked on my saliva.

Emy?
Like seriously jerk. Emy?

He could have come up with something better than emy. That was the least i expected from him

He looked at me and smirked. He knew why i choked.

He passed his sell phone to me.
I gladly took it from him and hold it near my ear.

"um hello anna"

"oh hy. Emily. It's mason's birthday tomorrow. I hope you know that-.."

"yeah. It kind of went over my head" i lied. I never knew when was mas's birthday.

"ohh. Ok that's fine. So can you help me plan something for his birthday party? It would be great if you'd join us please"

"i would love to do it."

"thank you so much Emily. Love you. Ok Bye meet you in sometime"

"ok. Yeah. bye."

I hung up the call. And gave it back to him.

He cleared his throat and took his phone.

"i guess someone needs to start trusting me"

I blushed. Embarrassed.
I shouldn't have done that. But still i couldn't have trusted him at the same time though. You may not know what kind of a person he is. And no am not doubting his personality. I've just lost the ability to trust anyone in this world accept my mom.
The person i used to call DAD. Turned out to be an asshole. I trusted him with all i had. But he showed who he actually was. A very big spineless wrecked asshole in whole world.
When my dad could turn out to be an asshole. How can i even trust on somebody.
And my trusting  level on people has run down to 5% now.
I don't think i could ever trust anybody.