NINE.

Cheryl's POV:

"Who said you have to say goodbye?"

I freeze at those words, at that voice.

Kimberley.

I turn around, nearly falling as i jump up off the sofa so fast. I rub my head thinking it's my mind playing tricks, thinking it's actually sent me crazy. She holds out a letter to me, the last letter i didn't open.

'Open me when... i'm home.

I TOLD YOU SO.'

I look up again, my bottom lip trembling as i whisper her name.

"Kimba?"

"I'm home baby." She whispers back, tears filling her eyes as she smiles.

I don't give anything a second thought and i jump into her arms, wrapping my legs around her waist and sobbing so hard into her neck.

"I'm home, it's ok. I'm back baby." She moves over to the sofa, understating i just want to be held, that i don't want to let go... ever.

I hear the girls speaking to Kimberley but i mute it out as i calm down until i hear those words.

"It's gone."

"It's gone?! The c-cancer's gone?!"

"It's gone, forever." I sob again as she holds my face in her hands.

"Let me just say something. I'm so so sorry for leaving you like i did, i thought it was be easy and i know these letters didn't make up or it. I just wanted to take the pain you were feeling away a little. But i'm back and i'm here to stay and i love you so much." She leans forward, kissing me hard and it almost doesn't feel real.

She pulls away, complaining she's sat on something and she pulls out a folded piece of paper from underneath her body. As she opens it, she grins at the picture.

"Who drew this?"

"Millie, she came for a sleepover and she wanted to draw you a picture of us all."

"She slept here?"

"She's been getting better so i said she could."

"I've just fallen a whole lot more in love with you."

I hear my phone vibrate and i look at the notification from twitter seeing Nicola has tagged me in something. Opening the app and eyeing up Nicola's michevious smile, i feel tears leak again as i read the tweet.

'Love stories always have a happy ending👭'

And there's two picture's attached that she's just took, one of me and Kimberley staring into each other's eyes then another where she's finally kissing me.

Kimberley holds her arms out to the girls and pulls them in for a massive group hug.

"I couldn't have gotten through this without any of you. Your friendships mean the world to me."

"And this is why we'll always be Girls Aloud."

Sorry this is a really small update but it's the last one! I was thinking i may do a sequel or something to this one soon?

Sorry it's been very small too but so glad some of you enjoyed it! Thank you for all your very nice comments!❤️