01

24th January 2021

A deep breath escaped Thomas mouth. That breath contained more emotions than any words the blonde used to describe how he felt just a minute ago. He left his cellphone slowly slide out of his hands, resting it on his left thigh. The young man leaned his head against the car window, closing his eyes as he did so. "I will so regret this." he whispered into the void.

Taking his car keys into his hand after a while of just gazing into the car parked in front of him Thomas opened the car door, putting a foot outside and grabbing a brown envelope from the passengers seat.

Thomas knew it was wrong of him but he didn't even dare open the package once he got it in his mail. The Brit was on his way to a shopping Mall as he opened his mailbox and saw the long awaited envelope inside. He knew instantly that it was what he had been avoiding for months. He knew that it was too late to run away by then.

Thomas sighed again, opening up the big envelope and taking out the big package of papers from the inside. One big word was printed on the cover of the at least 100 pages of paper bond: Afterlife.

A new set, the same cast, at least most of the people were the same. The story of Thomas and Newt wasn't over yet. It never had been and Netflix had the amazing idea of taking such an opportunity and to create out of it it's newest Netflix original. Which was no less than a Newtmas Spin-off.

What was expected from Thomas, was for the boy unknown. All he knew was that he'd grow into his dead character again. That the dead character would somehow find a way back to life, back from the death.

It wasn't that Thomas was excited nor agreed to the idea of him going back to his dead and past character. The man actually disapproved the idea a lot. He tried everything he could to convince his manager differently. Saying he'd make several movies at once if needed. Saying he'd stay later, work more, be more efficient. He would do anything for just the favour of dropping the Newtmas Spin-off but for Thomas manager there was nothing that could repay such a loss. Newt was apparently one of Thomas most known characters, if not the most known of them all, and ever since his character died in the last movie, Newtmas not being canon in it, the supporters kept asking for a spinoff, saying that the relationship between the two friends could be much more than what they got served with.

Conclusion is Thomas had to agree. His last hope was that Dylan would refuse. But for Thomas biggest surprise the American didn't.

The reason Thomas hoped that badly wasn't just because of the fact that Newt died but yes the fact that he'd have to face Dylan.

It made Thomas anxious. He hadn't talked to the American in ages. Almost two years. He tried to avoid any type of contact to him but with all the Dylan fan accounts that were on the internet it has been complicated for Thomas. First he saw updates he didn't want to see. Then he saw that Dylan reunited with the rest of the cast, not inviting Thomas. And at the very end he saw a picture with Dylan, Tyler and his newest girlfriend, Emily.

Dylan and Emily had been in a relationship for at least 5 months now. 19 months after the incident Dylan finally found the courage to move on, keep growing. Thomas didn't find that courage. He was still the loner he was before if not even more isolated. Ever since he saw that Dylan had moved on the boy excluded himself from the outside world and his phone in general even more than what he already used to. He didn't even check his emails himself again. Everything was done by his manager. All Thomas did was phone his family and sometimes some of his ex coworkers.

Thomas was still close to Kaya and Dexter but that was pretty much it. Everyone else kinda faded away with time, something that made Thomas even sadder.