Chapter 8 - Part 1

Clarity's POV

I woke up in a soft bed with a familiar scent. The room was dark and the streets light that peeking from the curtain indicated that it's night. I moaned and stretch my body until my bones cracking. I feel like I have been sleeping for a long time and I feel better than I can remember. Suddenly I feel a movement from beside me and to my utter horror an arm—a strong arm of a man was placed around my waist under the cover and pulled my body closer to theirs. I frantically sit up and my sudden movement makes my head spinning for a sec.

My movement seems to wake the person that laying next to me and in a second the bedside lamp was on. I almost screamed when I register who that person was. "Leonard! What are you doing in my bed?!"

"Hey, you finally awake." his voice was hoarse but very sexy. Wait, what?

"Why are you in my bed Mr. King?" I pulled the covers to my neck, I know that I'm fully clothed but I feel like he was undressing me with his intense gaze.

He didn't answer.

I scanned the room and realized that—Shoot! "Wait! This is not my bedroom. This isn't my bed. Where am I? How did I get here? What did you do to me? Oh my gosh, no no no, we're not uhh...." I start to mumble.

"Hey, relax." He tried to take my hand in his. But I quickly pulled it the second our hand touches. This is not the time for holding hands. I need an explanation how did I ended up in this room and whose room is this.

He explained that I was unconscious back at the elevator and then he took me to the hospital. The Doctor said that I was having a fever and stressed out also not eating right. I can see a concern from his face while he explains everything to me.

"So why did I ended up in your apartment and not in my own?" I narrowed my eyes, contemplating about any possibilities answers of my own question.

"The Doctor said that you must stay with someone to watch over you and make sure that you had a good rest and eating properly. I know that Sarah is not in the city now and there's no way I'm letting you stay with your male co-workers. And that's why you're here. I'm just taking care of you, not taking an advantage of you, Clarity." He reached out both of my hands once again and I let him be. I can see it from his eyes that he was sincere. Oh gosh why are you so sweet Leonard? I can feel it that he slowly melts my heart.

"Oh..." is the only words that came out of my mind.

I feel bad for accusing him doing bad things to me. For the past months I've known him, he was nice to me. Yes, he was an arrogant-annoying-prick sometimes but when I think of it, he actually never doing something bad to me. I feel like my heart slowly start to opened up for him.

"I'm sorry, Leonard." Gosh, why am I calling him by his first name? It just slipped out. I mentally slapped my forehead. "Uhh, I mean, Mr. King."

"That's okay. I prefer you calling me by my first name. And there's nothing to be sorry about." He smiled as he put strain of hair to the back of my ear. Now that I got the time to take a look at him, his hair was disheveled from the sleep, he's wearing grey sweatpants and navy t-shirt. He just woke up but still looking deadly handsome.

He placed the back of his right hand on my forehead for a good three seconds as if he was checking my body temperature, and slowly trailing it down to the side of my face, to my cheek then cupped my face between my jaw line and my cheek. He then caressing my cheek with his thumb. I really love it when he does that. I feel my body start to relax under his touch. Mmmmm. Without realizing it, I put my left hand on top of his hand and lean my face deeper in to his big hand's embrace whilst closing my eyes. I lightly kissed the palm of his hand that grazed my lips.