Chapter 15 • Memory Lane

Leonard's POV

I can't concentrate at all.

I just landed in New York, and I immediately rushed to the office. Not because I have a meeting that I need to attend but because I miss my curvy beauty.

My business in California that was supposed to be two days extended to four fucking days and that makes me want to see her even more especially after the accident four days ago.

Speaking of that incident, now I have to double the security around her.

Of course being Clarity that stubborn, she often tried to escape from my men. Good things they're one of the best men we have, so no matter how hard she tried to escape, My Men will always be ahead.

I don't blame her though. I know that she's not used to having four bodyguards follow her around all the time. But she still doesn't understand how important that is. She is still new to this industry, to this world. The King world. I might explain it to her one day but now is not the best time. I don't want to make her freak out, especially on top of all things that are going on right now.

Great. I am ten minutes late when I arrived at King Building. I rushed to the elevator and pressed the button for the floor I am going to.

When I entered the room my eyes instantly scanned for my curvy beauty and once our eyes met, she gave me the sweetest smile that I could never get enough of. I wanted to run to her and kissed her until we were both breathless, but then I remembered that we were in the middle of the conference room.

So I put on my best serious face and greeted all of the people. Not forgetting my manners, I also apologized for being late.

Then I decided to sit across from her because the chair next to her was occupied.

Minutes passed by, I can't fucking concentrate on the meeting subject. She's too cute to not stare at. I want to kiss those lips when she pouts or when she didn't understand something.

So I decided to text her.

Leo:  You are so cute, baby. It's distracting

Her phone buzzed. She quickly checked it and she let out a shy smile. Then type something on her phone.

Clarity:  Pay attention to the board, Leo

Leo:  I'm boring

Her phone buzzed again but she was just ignoring it, pretending to focus on the board. So I decided to bombard her with texts.

Leo: You're so beautiful when you pout

Leo: I miss your lips baby

Leo: 😘

Leo: Don't ignore me, baby

Leo: Stop ogling that old man

Leo: Just look at me baby, I'm younger and more handsome than him [I send a selfie of myself]