Vandel: Dreamsongs

He took a deep breath and can sense the ambience changing. The cold and uninviting air feels warm, familiar, yet alien. Then he opened his blind eyes and sensed that he is not in the Nether.

Somehow, he is on top of rolling green and blue hills, surrounded by green and purple and yellow trees. There's a deep blue pool in front of him and it is reflected by the moon. No longer the sky is bared open that he can see the cosmos directly, clouds and sky covered the sky giving a bluish tint to the alien landscape.

Amazingly, the place is filled with life. There are goat-like talbuks grazing the green fields upon the hill slopes, he can see herd of elephant-like elekks with their blue fur and long tusks on the plains below, and many other insects, critters, and birds he never seen.

Then he can see it, the imposing Black Temple just beyond the rolling hills and trees. Yet the temple seems holy and purified with purple and gold on its exterior and it seems to be brimming with life. He remembered a dark and gloomy and black temple with shouts and agonising screams from the slaves and armies and elves that training to become a demon hunter - just like him.

Vandel sighs longingly. This place reminded him of home, of Ashenvale, yet it is not. The Black Temple reminded him of that. And he will never be accepted by his people. The kaldorei shuns demons and demon hunters alike. With his blind eyes, horns, and wings and scarred legs and arms and bodice, he is corrupted with fel.

Vandel thought he was pulled into the Nether to sit with Tystianlor's demons but he sense that he is at the same place, yet different.

He is in a pool with teeming live around him, there are some elekk drinking waters, talbuk running around the pools, and some trickster playing around the pools.

He stood up and walked to the pool of blue waters. There, he can see a youthful night elf looking back at him, with long green hair, and soft supple skin. Then, the familiar face from the water smirked into him.

"You long for this, you blind fool." The reflection opened its mouth and talked.

Vandel was confused and terrified, he know that reflection, he was the reflection, before the horns and the scales and the blind eyes. He yearned for it, for going back to this.

The reflection rubbed his homeless temples, a female kaldorei and a young elf appeared from its back. Vandel remembered the long purple hair of her wife and the dark blue skin of his long lost daughter.

The daughter from the pool mocked Vandel, "You failed to save me, father. And you will never save another soul." The reflections laughed at him.

Vandel was shaken with despair.

His wife then pulled her hand out, "Join us, husband, then you will never have to fight again, the kaldorei will welcome you with their open arms, and we will be together again."

The kid mocked, "You will never being remembered as a failure anymore."

Vandel stopped. All he had ever wanted was to avenge his family. Then he can return back to his people, the kaldorei, without any consequence. But this is wrong, yet it feels so true. His family is dead. He watched as his daughter's face was eaten by the felhound, as he swore to avenge his family until the last demon.

"No." Vandel decided. He took a pebble and skipped it into the pool. The three figures disappeared.

Then a soft whisper can be heard across the forest. From the darkness of the purple and green trees, wisps of lights came out beneath the bright moonlight towards the deep blue pools. The wisps whispered and flew towards Vandel and encircle him slowly at first, and it gets faster and faster.