3

Being paralyzed wasn't all bad.

He couldn't walk anywhere he wanted to go, and it was much more tiring trying to wheel everywhere.

He couldn't stay safe from anyone who might pose as a threat to him, and might as well be easily kidnapped or killed.

He couldn't even go to school, just because he didn't have the will to learn.

Who was he kidding? Being paralyzed was all bad.

Hinata was always an optimist but at this time there was nothing to look forward to. He wasn't suicidal, but sometimes he felt like death would be easier.

Those thoughts only lasted for a few moments a day though. 

His former teammates would visit him everyday and he would put on a smile for them.

Yachi would bring flowers every once in a while.

Nishinoya and Tanaka would bring their new mixtape.

Asahi, Suga, and Daichi would all bring their company, and it was welcoming.

The other day, Yamaguchi came over.

They were taking a walk in the park, or in other words, Yamaguchi wheeled him around the park.

"The new Spider-man PS4 game is so good,  you should come over some day and play it!" Yamaguchi said enthusiastically. "I was playing it with Tsukki and we finally finished the boss level."

"It's a two player?" Hinata asked, sipping his mango bubble tea.

"Nah we just took turns, but Tsukki is so much better." Hinata couldn't miss the smile on Yamaguchi's face when he mentioned the blond's name.

Hinata smirked. "So how are you guys?"

"What do you mean?" Yamaguchi tried his best to look neutral and unsuspicious, and took a sip out of his original bubble tea.

Hinata sighed. "I know you guys are dating."

The freckled boy choked on his drink and tapioca spilled all over the concrete ground. 

"What? That's ridiculous!"

Hinata laughed at his friend's hilariously clueless reaction.

"Tsukki is my childhood friend, and we are just really good friends that like each other like any other pair of friends. I mean maybe not like anyone else because we're really close and we like each other a lot- I mean but we're still friends!" Yamaguchi rambled on. 

He was so deep in thought that he had stopped pushing Hinata forward. He just kept on talking about the same thing non-stop. 

"Sure, hey can I borrow your phone for a sec?"

Yamaguchi handed him his device without a second thought.

Hinata immediately went directly to his contacts list. 

"Y'all really aren't dating?" Hinata asked, as he scrolled through the list, searching for one specific person. "You don't even like each other?"

"Of course not," Yamaguchi confirmed.

"Then why is there a heart emoji next to 'Tsukki's name?"

"What!?" Yamaguchi gasped in disbelief.

Hinata chuckled, and handed the phone back to its owner.

"Okay fine we're dating. You cannot tell-"

"We all know." Hinata interrupted. "We actually had a bet to see how long it would take for you to tell us but it has been 5 months and I grew tired."