10

By the time Kageyama reached Kenma and was informed on what happened, it was a couple of months after Hinata's discovery.

To recap, Hinata's life had been shit.

Everyone who knows him would know that there was nothing he cared more about, than volleyball. Perhaps it was an unhealthy obsession but it was what it was.

He was always at a disadvantage due to his height and lack of experience, but life had been looking up since the day he saw Kageyama in the Karasuno gymnasium.

At the time, he was just his partner, someone that enhanced his love for volleyball. But slowly, before he even knew it, he was in love.

Now what do you do when you fall in love with your setter?

Well Hinata had no clue.

It helped that Kageyama confessed his feelings towards him.

It didn't help that Hinata had initially rejected him.

But as he slowly came to terms with his feelings, he knew it was going well.

If... he didn't have a leg that was hurting him for reasons that top notch doctors didn't even understand.

Then, he was in a coma. Y'know how life is.

And of course he came out with his legs paralyzed.

So of course his life had never been worse.

"Things are finally looking up!" was what his doctor told him when they figured that his leg pain was psychosomatic.

Everyone kept trying to explain what it meant to Hinata, but by the sixth person he just stopped trying to understand. It had something to do with his brain, and less to do with his legs. Or just his outlook on life.

Who knows.

Even though day by day, he got better with his legs, and eventually was able to move them, he had never been more depressed.

If his happiness was a graph, the downhill hadn't stopped.

He was lonely.

He was never really alone, his family and his friends were always by his side.

Even his eccentric uncle he had only met when he was three visited him a couple times a week, and the guys from Karasuno were always here.

It was always a different combination of people, but they came everyday.

Everytime Tsukishima and Yamaguchi visited, they seemed happier with each other. It was what Hinata looked forward to more than anything, because he wanted to believe in love. 

Kageyama came after a couple of months. He said he had only just found out and that he knew it sounded stupid. He swore on his mother that he definitely would have came if someone told him about the situation. 

Of course, he wasn't lying because Hinata had tried his best to avoid telling him.

Hinata didn't cry when he found out about his psychosomatic thing. His family did. His friends did. Mostly out of relief and happiness, and there was sadness in it too.

But Hinata didn't shed a tear.

The moment Kageyama comes into the room, his tears flooded out. He knew he unconsciously predicted this, and that was why he didn't want him to come.

Kageyama held his hand, as he sobbed out how he was feeling.

Hinata bottled everything up, and now all the contents were pouring out.

By the time he was finished he was exhausted, and sleepy. He didn't want to sleep though, not in the presence of Kageyama. Not when everything he ever needed was right next to him. But Kageyama urged him to rest. 

"Will you be here when I wake up?"

"Of course."

And he was.

It was a sudden and strange transition.

It was as if their strained relationship was just suddenly flipped on its back, and they never broke up. 

Kageyama was by his side almost all the time. If he wasn't there, he was at his school's gymnasium practicing hard. He still practiced as hard as he could, because Hinata wouldn't have it any other way.

"Hinata, you're improving a lot!" 

Hinata made his way across the room, holding onto his cane with dear life.

"You'll be able to run in a few hours with this kind of progress!" Dr. Sukodu joked.

Hinata forced a chuckle. The progress is slow, and it had been taken a couple of weeks for him to be able to take a few steps with support.

"How can I improve quicker?" Hinata carefully took a seat on the floor.

"Always eager to improve, that's what I was told about you the day I met you!" the doctor grinned. "Like I said, this has less to do with the physical and more to do with the mental and emotional. You have to let go with whatever is holding you back."

"So how am I improving then?" Hinata said, as he reached for his water. "I don't think I'm changing anything."

"Aren't you back together with your boyfriend?"

"It kinda feels like nothing changed." Hinata took a gulp and spit it out. "This isn't water!"

"It's my tea," his doctor said, matter-of-fact. "What's different? There has to be something."

Their relationship before was nervous, a little awkward but loving nonetheless, and now they were basically still the same. 

"Nothing. Can I have some water?"

"Well you broke up. Why?" Sukodu replied.

Hinata frowned. "Doesn't matter, we're back together."

"I can't help you if you don't talk to me."

"You're not my therapist."

"I assume you don't talk about this to your therapist."

Hinata was silent.

"Alright, I'll get you some water. You think about it."

He never stopped thinking about it.

Of course no relationship is just solved quickly with a sudden change of heart. He definitely had to confront him, but it was always easier to live in a fantasy where nothing changed.

And just him thinking about that, made him feel paralyzed once more.

A/N: Hi so my inspiration is running low for this story so I've been thinking of just starting a whole new story (with Hinata and Kageyama of course) but with a different but better plot. I just think it's not fair for my readers that I write so slowly bc i cant find the inspiration to continue. But if you really really want me to continue this story, I will.

Pls gimme your honest thoughts