Chapter 6

The next morning I got up and got ready for school. Elisabeth knocked on my door then came in.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I have to go to school," I replied.

"Oh, can I come?"

"No, sorry. You need to wait here until I come home."

"Oh okay," she said.

I grabbed my bag then wrote my phone number on a piece of paper and gave it to Elisabeth.

"Call me if anything happens," I say to her.

"Okay."

"I will see you later."

"Ok, have a good day," she said.

I turned and headed out the door and off to school.

*time skip to 2nd lunch*
I had just sat down at my usual area where me and my friends hangout. All my friends arrived and we started eating our lunch. Halfway through break I felt a vibration in my pocket, I pulled my phone out and saw that it was the house phone, meaning it was Elisabeth. I quickly answered the call.

"Hello? Are you okay?" I said quickly while packing up my stuff just in case.

"Cameron," She said.

"Yes?" No answer. "Hello?" No answer again. I hung up the phone. "Sorry guys but I need to go," I said to my friends.

"Why? What's happening?" They asked.

"It's okay, don't worry. I just need to get home now," I said and with that I grabbed my bag, turned around and ran. I ran out of the gates that didn't have anyone around it so I didn't get caught.

I ran home and grabbed my key out to unlock the door.

"Elisabeth?" I called when I got inside. "Elisabeth?" No answer.

I looked around and found her in the kitchen laying on the floor. I bend down and touch her arm to see if she is awake. As soon as my hand comes into contact with her skin, her eyes shoot open.

"He's coming," She says before blacking our again.

I pick her up and hold her to my chest and place her on the couch in the living room. I hold my hand to her forehead feeling her burning up. I get up immediately and run to the kitchen, grab a bowl and fill it up with water before going upstairs to get a cloth. I take the bowl of water and the cloth back to where Elisabeth was laying. I wet the cloth and place it on her forehead trying to cool her down. I continued to do this while waiting for her to wake up.

After about an hour, her eyes fluttered open. She looked around confused for a second before realising what had happened. She started to sit up.

"No, don't sit up yet. You still need to rest a little more," I said.

"Okay," she said laying back down. I put the cloth back on her forehead. "It's ok, I can do it," she says starting to reach for the cloth that I am holding in place on her head.

"No, please just let me do it," I say. She takes her hand away.

"Okay," she says softly.

"You just keep resting," I say. She nods slightly and closes her eyes.

A/N: please let me know what you guys think about the story so I know if people are actually enjoying the story. 💜