Chapter 9

We finished dinner around 7pm and went to the shops for a little bit. Elisabeth had to go to the bathroom so I just stood outside and waited. When she came back out we started walking back home. It was now really dark and we were just talking.

"So what are the marks on your legs?" I asked.

"Oh," she looked down at the marks. "They mean I have more than one power."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, which isn't always a good thing because it means people can spot us easier," she said.

"They are very pretty though."

"Thanks," she looked away blushing.

We continued walking the streets we can up to the alley way we had to walk through to get home. It looks fine at day but at night it's really sketchy. I grabbed Elisabeth's hand and we started walking. It felt like something was off. I've walked through here countless times but it felt different now. The air felt tighter. Something grabbed my wrist. I jumped in shock as the thing pulled me to the ground. I only saw a pair of brown eyes before I passed out because of the cloth over my mouth.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was still very dizzy but I looked to be in a warehouse. I waited for the dizziness to go away before looking up again. I was indeed in an abandoned warehouse. I looked around before seeing Elisabeth still passed out. I gasped in shock.

"Elisabeth," I whispered. She didn't wake up. "Elisabeth," I tried again. She still didn't wake up.

I heard the sound of metal scraping against metal. I looked around and tried to see who was making the noise. My eyes landed on a middle aged looking man, he has brown eyes and brown hair. He also has a shout beard.

"Finally awake," she said with a flat voice. I just glared at him.

"Let us go!" I say.

"Now, why would I do that?" He said chuckling a little.

"Let him go!" I heard Elisabeth say, she was awake.

"Now, now, is that any way to talk to your uncle, Elisabeth?" The man says.

"Uncle?" I say, I turn to Elisabeth and look at her with a confused look.

"He is my uncle," she says annoyed a little.

"Enough!" The man yells. "You were supposed to starve to death in that room in the forest," He points at Elisabeth, "and you let her out and messed up the plan!" His gaze turned to me and he looked at me angrily. He walked over to Elisabeth. "So I will just need to do it myself, but, I might have a little fun first," he said. He dragged the knife over Elisabeth's skin lightly.