23

Aurora   He's dressed in slacks and a normal tee

Aurora

He's dressed in slacks and a normal tee. If dad finds out that Aaron's here then he'd have a complete fit.

Aaron nervously scratches the back of his neck and stretches out the flowers to me, even though I'm two stories high.

"Thanks genius," I say sarcastically and roll my eyes.

"You're welcome..?" He states and shrugs his shoulders slowly but it comes out more of a question. From the corner of my eye I see James slowly back away and into his car.

"You think you can just show up with a card and flowers and think that it'll all be okay?" I hiss quietly and tuck my hair behind my ear.

"Well, mister you are wrong!" I whisper angrily.

"Aurora," He sighs and clasps his hands to together. "You know I'm not good at this."

"Then get better!" I grip the sides of the window and peer down lower.

"Can you come down?" He asks.

Oh, so he disturbs my sleep and wants me to come outside?! "No!"

"Fine, let me make it up to you." He tries to compromise.

"It won't be easy." I narrow my eyes and point a mean finger at him.

And as his shoulders visibly relaxed, even in the darkness of the night, I could see the outline of a small smile spread across his face.

And his eyes, oh his eyes. How they shine so brightly under the moonlight that the stars could only watch in jealousy.

"Damn you, Aaron Knight," I mumble to myself and feel my own smile spreading across my face.

Somehow Aaron heard me and starts laughing beautifully in the silence of the hot summer night. "Damn me." He chuckles and shakes his head.

"Can I, um.." He starts and coughs awkwardly. "Um, can I take you somewhere tomorrow?" He says and I swear I could see a tint of pink on his cheeks.

I feel a tug at my heartstrings. He's so cute.

"I have business training tomorrow, but afterwards.." I trail off and put a finger on my chin, pretending to think about it.

"I'll think about it." I wink at him playfully.

"Very funny." He groans and leans against the car. "Wait. Business training? Good luck." He scrunches up his nose.

"Yeah, yeah, get going now. You've taken away enough of my sleep time as it is." I scold playfully and shoo him away with my hands.

"Also, can you punch James for me? He hit me on the head with a rock." I pout and rub my forehead. "I'll make sure too." He assures with a laugh.

Aaron comes forward until he's right under my window and places the bouquet of flowers against the wall. He jogs backs to the car, curls bouncing on his head and all. He opens the passenger door, he looks back at me once more and waves awkwardly.

I giggle like a lovestruck girl and wave back. Just then I see my father's bedroom lights turn on and I turn to Aaron with wide eyes. He's already in the car and drives off into the night.

I hear my fathers footsteps walk to my door and I hurriedly get under the covers. I switch off the lamp and close my eyes.

The door opens, "Aurora? Who was that?" My father's sleepy voice says. "Oh, I was on the phone with Becca. She was.." I rack my mind for a reasonable excuse.

"...having trouble turning on her shower?" I shut my eyes tightly at this dumb excuse and mentally slap myself.

"Oh? Well, get to sleep. We have a big day tomorrow." He says groggily and leaves my room.

I sigh in relief and sit up. I smile softly as a thought occurs to me. Maybe Aaron Knight was finally opening up to me.

But I can't ignore a small part in the back of my head that keeps telling me that he's going to go back to the way he was before and I'll just end up getting hurt.

I've been super busy but I managed a short update. I'll update again in the next 24 hours. Thanks for reading x