The Second Day

The first night I had with James was honestly the most awkward thing I had went through. After we agreed to be "friends", he lent me clothes and told me to go change. Apparently, he wanted to buy me new clothes to wear, but I was perfectly content with what I had.

After I had gotten changed, it was time for us to sleep, but that meant sharing a bed. I wasn't bothered by the idea, only because I knew I would eventually reach this part of my "relationship" with hin. James, however, made the situation difficult by acting nervous and jittery. He allowed me to sleep next to him but wouldn't dare come even an inch near me. Every time his foot grazed mine, he jolted away from me and apologized, like a little kid that wasn't supposed to eat the last cookie from the jar. Honestly, I didn't care that I was to spend the night with him, but, for the fact that he made it awkward, I wasn't able to sleep.

It was morning, and I woke bright and early like I always did. I stretched my tight muscles with a satisfied groan following behind, getting up afterwards. I turned to see James still sleeping, almost hanging off the bed. I was at loss on what I supposed to do. At the orphanage, I was taught to make my bed after sleeping in it, so, obviously, I wasn't able to do that with James still sleeping. I decided the best thing for me to do was wait for him to wake, then I could carry out my duties.

As I waited, I couldn't help but take in all of James' features. He really was handsome. A well-defined chin that was carved proudly. Lips that were full and looked soft to touch. Skin as tan as the dry sand. Hair like dark mahagony and wavy like the vines hanging from outside the mansion walls. All of his face was a sight to behold. He looked just like his mother, but his eyes were inherited by his father's crystal blue ones. I remembered from last night just how pretty they were. Most omegas would feel lucky to have such a handsome alpha, but I was indifferent. A face was a just face to me, even if it held such beauty.

"Mmm.." James groaned. I adjusted my stance as I waited for him to stretch and notice me. Once he did, he became stunned to see me patiently standing, as he began to get up. "Good morning." He said, the sleep still stuuck in his voice. "You're up early."

I nodded. "I always am, sir."

He sighed "I told you not call me sir. Just James is fine." He smiled after he said that. I guessed that was supposed to assure me.

"Sorry. I'll try to remember that."

He nodded back and headed towards the bathroom. I watched him go as he left the door open. He began washing his face and taking off his shirt afterwards. "Any plans for today?" He asked as he prepared to brush his teeth.

I narrowed my eyes in annoyance. It irritated me that he wanted me to do what I pleased. How was I supposed to do that when there were alphas all over the mansion? I was sure they wouldn't be content on me doing whatever it was that I wanted. They would punish me in a heartbeat if they saw me walking around without my alpha by my side. That was how it was supposed to be, and I hated that James was so dense to realize that.

"My plans correlate with yours." I said, letting my irritation subside. "So your agenda for today will be mine."

James walked out of the bathroom to his dresser with a sad look. Once he found a suitable shirt, he turned back to me. "I said that you were allowed to do whatever you wanted. You don't have to follow me around."

I bit my tongue back to prevent myself from saying something unnecessary. I let myself mellow out first and then answered him back. "What am I supposed to do then?"

James shrugged. "Whatever you wanted."

"Pardon me, but I don't know my way around the mansion. I'm not even sure what I could do here."