Chapter 5 - Then

"I hear the photographer is really young."

"Oh my gosh, me too. Maybe he's here tonight? I wonder what he looks like."

"Based off his art, I bet he's one of those bleeding heart types."

The girls beside me continue to chatter away, both of them oblivious to the fact that the photographer, me, was standing right next to them. I've been standing here awhile, feeling out of place and very unlike myself in the suit that clung to my body. I wouldn't have worn it but Namjoon shoved it at me, all the while nagging me about how I couldn't show up to an event like this in my leather jackets and black jeans.

I lean back against the wall, giving myself a second to relax. Footsteps approach me, my best friend settling in beside me. "They're cutting the cake down on the first floor if you wanna go get some." Namjoon gestures to the little corner I've taken residence in for the night. "It might do you some good to see a little more of the exhibit. Get out of this corner and socialize a bit."

"I hate crowds."

"I know," he sighs. I don't have to look at him to know he's frowning at my words, but I can't help it. Everyone had things that caused them anxiety, mine just happened to be large crowds. Namjoon slaps me on the shoulder, squeezing it gently. "But this is your day, Yoongi. Everyone's here to see your art, now they're just wondering about the man behind it."

"Well maybe they can stay guessing," I scoff. "It's not like they really want to know me anyway. They're just coming up with their own idea of me from the photo. When I don't live up to it, they'll just be disappointed. So really I'm saving them."

"I knew you'd say something like that."

I look up at him, narrowing my eyes when I see him smiling at me. "What's that face for?"

"Oh nothing. Nothing at all," he sings, that aggravating smile still in its place. "I may have ordered just the thing to get you out of your shell, though."

"What did you-"

"I'm here! I'm sorry I'm late, practice ran late and then I couldn't decide what to wear." I turn towards the voice, my mouth dropping open. Jimin stands there - his soft pink locks wind blown and cheeks flushed as he bends over, his chest heaving with labored breaths. He straightens, my mind going blank at the sight of him. He's wearing a dark suit, the outfit seeming tailored just for him. It clings to his form, outlining the muscles in his arms when he gives me a shy wave. "I hope I didn't miss anything."

I open my mouth, but my mind can't seem to come up with any words. Luckily Namjoon speaks up, saving me from looking even more like a fool.

"Nothing at all. In fact, now that you're here maybe the party will finally start." He gestures towards me. "I haven't been able to get him out of this corner all night, but we all know he likes you more than me, so maybe he'll listen to you."

Jimin laughs, the sound music to my ears. "Well I'm not so sure about that, but I'll try." He turns to me, holding out his hand and giving me his best puppy-dog eyes. "Will you show me around, Yoongi?"

I place my hand in his, intertwining our fingers. I step away from the wall, smiling at him. "Now how am I supposed to say no to a face like that?"

Jimin blushes and Namjoon groans at our interaction. "Yes well, if you'll excuse me, I have my own mate to get back to," he excuses himself, throwing us a wave over his shoulder.

"We're not mates," I yell after him, a few heads turning in my direction. I ignore them, all my attention on the beautiful creature in front of me. I let go of Jimin's hand, offering him my arms instead. "Shall we?"