Chapter 16 - Then

Sunlight burns my eyelids, rousing me from my dreams. "Close the curtain, Jimin. It's too early," I mumble, rolling over. I bump into a warm body, my eyes shooting open.

Jimin lays beside me, his eyes still closed as he sleeps like a baby. I glance to the clock, noting that it's passed noon already. It's unusual for him to still be asleep by now, especially for him to sleep longer than me.

But he's been doing that a lot lately.

Sleeping is how he spends most of his time these days. Waking up late in the morning and taking little naps throughout the day. He's probably just exhausted, his dance schedule has been hectic since we got back from our honeymoon six weeks ago.

I rise slowly, doing my best to not wake him. Pressing a soft kiss to his cheek, I slip from the bed.

Dressing quickly, I think of the projects I need to work on. There's a few small ones that require minimum work. But my biggest problem is due this week - pictures from a wedding I was in charge of photographing.

I need to finish the bridal party photos today, putting the finishing touches on them, and packaging them to send out the next morning.

A knock sounds when I enter the living room, startling me. "It's too early for this," I grumble. By normal people standards, it really isn't but who goes by that anyway.

I open the door, immediately going to shut it when I see my visitor.

Jin sticks his foot out, catching the door as he glares at me. "Is that anyway to greet your very-pregnant best friend?"

"Whatever," I scoff. I move out of the way, letting him in. My eyes go down to his stomach, the bulge there growing more pronounced every time I see him. "Namjoon dotes too much on you now that you're pregnant."

"You'll see when eventually you start a family." He stops in the living room, his hand absently rubbing against his stomach as he looks around. "Where's Jimin? We're supposed to go for lunch today."

"In the bedroom," I say, moving to the kitchen. Rummaging around in the fridge, I call back out to him. "He's still sleeping. He hasn't been feeling well the passed week, spends most of his time either in the bathroom, dancing, or sleeping."

"Really?"

I close the fridge with my hip, the ingredients for an omelet held in my arms. I nod, setting the ingredients down and pulling down a pan. "Yeah. Must be a bug or something going around. I havent caught it yet, though."

He moves to the counter, leaning over it to watch me closely. "Anything else weird?"

Raising my brow at him, I go back to making my eggs. "Maybe. But I spend a lot of time at the studio so I wouldn't really know."

"Of course," Jin grumbles. I can feel him as he stares at me. If he doesnt stop soon it'll burn a hole through my skull.

Footsteps plod towards us, a yawn sounding through the room as Jimin enters. He wears an over-sized pair of pajamas, the striped fabric swallowing him, his pink hair a mess. He gives me a sleepy smile, his hand rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "Morning, Yoonie."

"Morning, Jiminie." I turn off the stove, sliding the omelet onto a plate. "I made you breakfast, love."

"What am I, chopped liver?" Jin pouts, putting his hands on his hips.

Jimin looks to him, noticing his presence for the first time. "Jin! When did you get here?"

Jin rolls his eyes. "Just a little bit ago. We were supposed to go for lunch remember?"

"Oh no," Jimin says, his face dropping. "I overslept. I'm sorry."

"Yoongi told me you haven't been feeling well, so I understand."

Jimin smiles, starting towards the counter and his food. Halfway there, he freezes, his face going green. He rushes out of the room, Jin and I quick on his heels as he rushes to the bathroom. He falls to the floor, his shoulders shaking as he vomits.

I go to him, rubbing circles against his back, whispering soothing words in his ear. Jin leans against the doorway, brows furrowed as he watches Jimin.

Jimin sits up slowly, wiping his mouth and leaning against me. I press a quick kiss to his hair. "I was going to go to the studio, but I'll stay if you need me, Chim."

"No, no," he refuses, sitting back to glare at me. "You have a deadline this week. Don't let me hold you back."

"But-"

"I can watch him," Jin says. I look to him and he shrugs. "Namjoon has a meeting with a potential author for most of the day so I'm free."

"You're sure?"

He smiles. "Go, Yoongi. I've got him."

Jimin cups my cheeks, turning my head until our eyes meet. "It's okay, Yoongs." Lips turning up, he slides his thumbs along my cheekbones. "Jin has to get practice taking care of someone anyway. Why not let him practice with me?"

I roll my eyes, cracking a smile. I kiss his forehead, helping him to his feet. "You'll call me if you need anything right?" He nods quickly and I look to Jin - his head nodding as well. "Okay," I sigh. "I guess I'll go then."

I step away, Jin quickly moving to take my place. "Do you wanna try to eat? Crackers or toast would probably be good for your stomach. Or we could-"

His words fade off as I leave the bathroom, grabbing my camera bag from the bedroom and slinging it over my shoulder. Sliding my shoes on, I call out. "Call me if you need anything! Love you!"

"We love you too!" Jimin yells back, Jin groaning. I roll my eyes as I hear Jimin snicker, the sound dying off as I slip into the hallway.

By the time I leave the studio the sun has already set, the stars twinkling in the inky sky above.

I push the door open, trying to be as quiet as possible as I flick on the light. Considering how late it is, Jimin's probably already asleep and I'd rather not wake him. I stow my bag in the closet, the door shutting softly.

Stepping into the living room, I freeze.

A giant red arrow is pointing down to the floor, a small piece of paper sitting in the carpet. Wary, I pick it up.

"Follow the signs for a surprise!" -Jiminie"

Chuckling, I slip the paper into my pocket. Jimin must be feeling better if he's up to playing games.

I look around for the next sign, finding an arrow on the floor - the end of it pointing towards the bedroom. I start that way, more arrows appearing every few steps to keep me on track.

I roll my eyes. Did Jimin think I would get lost in our own apartment?

The bedroom door is shut, a sign taped to it. Exclamation points litter the paper, 'SURPRISE INSIDE' written across it in bold letters.

I peek my head in, glancing around the room. No sign of Jimin. If he isn't the surprise, then what is?

Pushing the rest of the way in, I scan the room. Nothing seems out of the ordinary until I look at the bed, a small box sitting on the blanket - it's white wrapping easy to spot against the navy blue of our sheets.

Hesitantly, I lift it. There's a red bow on top and a note taped below it: "Surprise!"

I lift the top slowly, my stomach in knots.

At first all I register is the colors. White upon a pile of soft pink. Then I register what the things in the box actually are: pink tissue paper and a white stick.

But when I look closer I almost drop the box.

The stick is one of those digital pregnancy tests.

And the screen is lot up brightly, little letters spelling out what I was too dumb to notice.

The door creaks and I whip around, catching Jimin leaning against the door frame, a shy smile on his face.

"You're pregnant?" I whisper, my eyes going to his stomach.

"We're pregnant," he says, his hand dropping to his stomach.

Dropping the box, I rush to him, squeezing him to me as hard as I dare to in his state - which really isn't that hard at all.

"So you're okay with this?" He asks quietly.

I pull back, giving him a stern look. "Of course, I'm okay. More than okay actually." A smile breaks across my face. "We're having a baby!" I drop to my knees in front of him, my hands caressing his stomach. Pressing a soft kiss to his shirt, I look up to him.

He stares down at me, his eyes glassy and a shaky smile parting his lips. A tear slips through, running down his cheek.

"We're going to be a family."