Chapter 1

A/N: Okay, so, this is my entry to Halloween Bash 2018. I have never done this before so I'm sorry if I got anything "wrong". Anyway, I hope you guys will enjoy this small multi-chap I've cooked up.

Also the cover for this story was made by the amazing Fania, and if you don't follow her already you SHOULD. Her instagram account is fania.fanart and she has many amazing drawings you should check out!

––––––––––––––––––––––

"Do you plan on telling her?" Alexis asked excitedly and Castle turned to her with horror in his blue eyes.

"Yeah right. 'Hey Beckett, I know this sounds weird but I'm actually a werewolf which means I immediately know when I've met my soulmate and you're it'," he said in a mocking tone. "She'll shoot me."

Alexis shrugged her shoulders. "Well, good thing you're pretty much bulletproof then. As long as she doesn't use silver."

"Ha-ha."

But he wondered what would happen if he actually told her. Would she really be so opposed to the idea? They had known each other for three years now and he knew she didn't believe in the supernatural, but maybe if he showed her? Then again, she would most likely shoot him. Wouldn't she?

"But really dad. I think you need to tell her."

He met his daughter's eyes again, it was like looking into a mirror. Her identical blue eyes staring back into his. He could easily see how serious she was, when did she grow up?, he just wasn't sure if that was really the right way to go. He'd, on purpose of course, played the clumsy writer in order to keep his nature hidden from the detective. And he was, in fact, very proud of himself for being able to fool all of them into thinking he was too clumsy for his own good. He'd even let people hit him! As if their fits hadn't, in reality, been so slow he could've easily avoided them with his wolf reflexes.

Castle shook his head, turned back his attention to the vegetables he was preparing for their dinner.

"I can't, pumpkin. Not yet," he said with an exhausted sigh.

"Why not? You said you almost told mom about it." He looked up at his daughter again and scrunched up his face.

"Yeah, almost," he agreed. "But the only reason I considered it was because I could immediately sense you were one too and I couldn't risk your mother calling the cops on you."

She 'oh'ed and started taking out plates for them, started to set the table as he finished up with the vegetables.

"But she wasn't your soulmate," he heard her whisper and he clenched his eyes shut at the reminder.

He'd known the second she walked up to him at that book party, known immediately she was the one. He couldn't really explain how, couldn't explain it more than it being a feeling and that her scent just... enchanted him. It was just like the stories he'd heard of, the stories he'd read, and he just knew it was her. Her short hair, those hazel eyes and pink lips, the confidence her whole soul was radiating towards him. Yup, he'd been a lost case long before he understood what was going on.

Castle ignored his daughter's comment and tried to focus on the food instead, changing the subject. "So, how was school today?"

He could both hear and feel the disappointment from his red headed girl but decided to ignore that too. He would tell Beckett one day, he would, he just didn't know when. Or how.

––––––––––––––––––––––

He could sense she would call before she did, he pretended she just woke him up anyway. Body drop. The corner of Melville St and Morris Park Ave. She apologized for waking him, because yeah, she did that now, and he said it was no problem, that he'd be there as soon as he could. When he got there he wasn't surprised to see the whole gang there already, he tried to make it into a habit to be late. It was easier being the clumsy, late, playboy writer than letting them know he was different. He considered them family but... the secret was not theirs to bare. Besides, he had a feeling Javier Esposito, the latino, would shoot him if he knew, and Kevin Ryan, the irish, would most likely never be close to him again.

Wolf mateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara