Introduction

Paradise Prep, the hottest high school in all of Paradise City. If you wanted the best education, or you aimed for a political boost, your child attended this school. One of the many traditions in the school involved the students participating in a school play. It wasn't uncommon that the play be based around a fairy tale, while providing a modern-day twist to the tale.

Thus today, in homeroom, sat in class 1-A was a boy with a mix of red and green hair, with goggled fixated on his head. Yuya Sakaki, 15 years-old and currently bored. Like any typical teenager he wasn't interested in school, he'd rather be outdoors, enjoying the sunlight and getting some exercise. However, it was not meant to be as he know had to listen to the announcement of the teacher. "As you are all aware, we are approaching that time of year where the school play production will begin," The teacher's voice beamed as she spoke of the play. She turned to the board, grabbing a small piece of chalk as to write on the board as she spoke. "This year will be Cinderella."

Yuya groaned while the rest of the class gasped in awe of the title. Cinderella, the age of classic of girl who is abused by step-mother and step sisters, goes to a ball, falls in love, all while losing her footwear on the way, and finally lives happily ever after as a princess. He had to admit, he had no interest in the play though the school policy is that the all students from participating classes must partake in the event. "This year our class, along with 1 – B, has been granted the opportunity to play the lead roles," The gossip began and Yuya rolled his eyes. He thought for a moment. Though he didn't want to take part, he has to, so why not play the leading man. "Now, we all know everyone has wonderful talent, so who would like to put themselves forward?"

Yuya turned his attention to the front of the class, raising his hand, alongside several of the girls. The teacher's face was clear with shock however proceeded to place Yuya's name on the board. Yuya hummed to himself as he returned to his previous state of looking out the window. Many thoughts racing through his mind as he thought about the opportunity to be a leading man. How he would have the chance to make people smile, like how his father did. He also wondered about who his leading lady would be?