Chapter 3

Fortunately for Yuya the weekend was quickly approaching. He discovered that the first day of rehearsal was a prank gone wrong. Yuya was meant to find his clothes in a nearby garbage bin however the cleaner had taken it away and had disposed of his uniform as well as the trash. The student was ultimately punished with a month's detention and removed from their participation in the play. No as he waited patiently for the final bell to ring, he held in his hands, underneath the desk, the red scarf Yuto had used to bandage his leg. He heard a couple of rumours about Yuto and that after school he was often found in the second-floor music room so Yuya took this as an opportunity to return the item.

Though there was one small problem; the fact that he had seen Yuya in his costume. In Yuya's mind he could come clean, but then he would just seem like a pervert. His only option, to wear the costume when returning the scarf. Luckily, he had two uniforms given to him by his sister's friend so he snuck one into his bag for this particular day. The plan was to wait until he knew people had left and use one of the disabled toilets to change before heading to the third-year building.

Finally, the bell rang and students gathered their belongings before heading out of the door. Yuya grabbed his bag and placed the scarf in his pocket before heading into the direction of the third-year building. "Yuya," Yuya stopped looking up and seeing Yugo with a large smile. "Where you heading off to?"

His heart rate quickened as Yuya tried to think of a reason why he could be heading the opposite direction. Well, there was no point in lying, "I'm returning something." He replied with smile. "I shouldn't be long."

"Oh, okay," Yugo's face softened before he continued. "Say, I was wondering if one of the weekends if you wanted to, I don't know, sleep over and start rehearsing our lines together."

A smile plastered itself on Yuya's face. He always did enjoy a sleepover with Yugo since they were little. Video games, pizza and ice cream, they were always fun but as they grew older, the sleepovers became irregular. "Yugo, I'd love to," Yuya replied. "Just tell me when and I'll ask my mom."

"Cool!" Yugo's expression went from 1 to 10 with excitement in an instant. He waved a quick goodbye to Yuya as he ran off, happy that he would be able to spend the night with Yuya again. Yuya smiled as he kept walking. He figured perhaps being the lead alongside his best friend wasn't such a bad idea.

Once changed into the uniform Yuya made his way to the unfamiliar building. Only once had he been through these halls and that was during the schools open house. Making his way up the stairs to the second floor Yuya could hear music. It was soft, as if you could match a ballroom style dance to it. What instrument was it? Yuya had to think hard but as he approached the room where the music came from, he recognised the sounds of a violin. Whoever was playing it had wonderful skills, they never seemed to miss a note. Yuya, curious, slid the door open slightly to peer inside. His eyes widened as he recognised the person. Yuto. He was stood, basked in the sunlight from the window, as he played. The scene caused Yuya's heart to pound rapidly. It was a wonderous site and he couldn't tear away. He closed his eyes, closing off the sense as to be able to enjoy the music more.

Without his realisation the music stopped and suddenly Yuya felt the door move from his hands. "Well seems my damsel came to find me," Yuto laughed.

Yuya's eyes widened in panic stepping back slightly. "I-I'm sorry," He stuttered bowing to his senior. "I swear I didn't mean to peep on you."

Yuto chuckled, he somehow found Yuya's innocence cute. "No, it's nice to have some company," Yuto grabbed Yuya's wrist, pulling him into the classroom and closing the door. "Afterall, I presume you're here for a reason."

It took a moment before Yuya remember. With a slight jump he immediately reached into the bag, pulling out the scarf. "I had my mom wash this for you," He blushed extending out his hand. "Thank you for everything that evening."

Yuto smiled grabbing hold of the scarf. He unravelled it from its fold and saw indeed that any sign of blood had been washed away. His face was unreadable as he leant forward into Yuya, the scarf in line with his neck. Yuya's shut his eyes tightly, unaware of what was about to happen. He felt the fabric of the scarf caress his neck. Yuya looked down confused at the action. "That colour suits you," Yuto complimented.

Yuya reached up a hand feeling the scarf around his neck. "Why?" He asked.

"Because," Was all Yuto said as he shrugged. "If you want you can come by again and listen to me."

A little flutter went through Yuya's chest at the invitation. "I think I'd like that," Yuya smiled gripping onto the scarf.