Chapter 1

Sat in a slump on the sofa, Yuya was unable to believe how his day at school unfolded. Held in his limp right hang that hung over the arm of the sofa was his given role for the school play. His mother, a woman with blonde hair and a stern look, Yoko knelt down, grabbing the paper from his hand. "Well, at least you have a leading role," She mused taking a seat.

Yuya sunk lower into the sofa in embarrassment. "Chin up son," His father Yusho said. "It's a big honour to have such a role in a Paradise Prep production."

His parents were unbelievable calm about the situation. Perhaps it is because they are aware of how careless Yuya can be, thus he must suffer the consequences of this particular action. While he was deep in thought, the front door clicked open, "I'm home!" called the familiar feminine voice. Recognising the voice Yuya shot up straight, grabbing the paper from his mother's hand and ultimately sitting on it as to avoid the gaze of this person. A girl, with long deep red hair appeared through the door frame that lead to the living room. "There's my little brother." She grinned, taking a seat next to Yuya and hugging him tightly. "I heard that someone got a lead role at school. Trying to follow in mine and dad's footsteps, are we?"

Yuya laughed nervously, his sister Emi, was well known in Paradise Prep as being the leading lady during ever year she attended and his father was same back when he was a young teen. They were a family of entertainers indeed and Yuya aspired to be as great as entertainer as his farther. However, he didn't mean for it to end up like this. "Yeah, it's great," He smiled, trying to hid his embarrassment. "They are going to start fitting us in costumes as early as tomorrow."

Emi clapped her hands and bounced slightly in her seat with excitement. "So what role did you get? I can only presume you're going to be the handsome prince," Emi gasped in excitement. Oh, how little she realised. As Yuya went to speak Emi stood up, grabbing her school bag. "You'll have to tell me all about it at dinner. I'm going to wash up first."

The parents merely sighed as their eldest child ran out of the room and knew she was safely heading up the stairs. "I think someone needs to be honest," Yoko laughed patting her son's head. "She'll find out sooner or later."

With a nod, Yuya understood. Though it's not every day you have to tell your sister that her little brother is the lead in the school play, the female lead to be precise. Yuya puffed out his cheeks, grabbing his script before running up to his room. Throwing his bag carelessly into the corner, he flopped onto his twin bed, holding the script in front of him with his arms stretched out. 'Cinderella'. The part he was chosen to play. From what he was told by his teacher they loved the idea of a boy playing the lead and actually inspired them to cast other female leads as boys also. He heard that Silvio from class 1-B was going to play the step-mother and strangely enough was taking it in stride. "Guess there isn't much I can do about it," Yuya side rolling over and reaching to his bedside table. He grabbed a nearby marker, thinking that it would be best to start highlighting his lines.

Before the ink made contact with the paper Yuya's phone began to ring. Seeing as he still had time before dinner he might as well indulge in the call. Looking at the screen he noticed it was a video chat request from his childhood friend, Yugo. Sliding the accept button Yuya smiled as the familiar blue hair and yellow bangs appeared on his screen. "Hey Yugo," Yuya greeted. He shifted positions so his back was up against his pillows as to be comfortable as they talked. "What's up?"

"Is it true?" Not even a hello? "You're Cinderella?" Yuya blushed deeply, almost wanted to end the call as to avoid the question. Yet, all he could do was nod. "Wow, that means we're both leads!"

It took a moment before Yuya understood what Yugo had said. "What, you're prince charming?" He gasped, his blush getting deeper. He assumed that perhaps because he, a boy, was playing a female role that perhaps the girl would play the male role. "So, that m-mea-"

"We have the kiss scene yeah," He watched as Yugo blushed too. Could this play become anymore embarrassing? Not only was he going to wear a dress in front of the whole school, but also his first kiss, on stage, will be his childhood friend. "I mean, better you then some crazy girl, right? Though I think I wouldn't have minded one of the seniors, you know?"

Yugo tried to create jokes to lighten the mood. "You'll be gentle right?" Yuya mumbled. Since middle school, there were always rumours about Yugo getting a bit nippy as he kissed someone.

With a wink, Yugo replied; "With you, I'll be however you want me to be." Yuya was about to scream and curse at Yugo until he heard a hyena like laugh coming from the living room. That laugh, it was Emi for sure but what was so funny? "Sounds like your sister is having fun with something."

Yuya nodded, still wondering on what could have happened. Then is hit him. He forgot the paper he was sitting on, the paper that had his role written all over it. "I got to go Yugo!"

Yuya quickly hit the 'End Call' button before dashing into the living room. There she was, holding that damned piece of paper and laughing all of the air out of her lungs. The blush on Yuya's face only deepened as he tried to tackle Emi in order to regain the paper. Though it was hopeless. Emi dodging his advancing while still laughing.

Looking onwards at the chaos from the kitchen where the 'proud' parents. "Well, I did say she would know sooner or later," Yoko sighed before turning back to the stove to continue dinner.

"Well we certainly have energetic children," Yusho laughed, nesting a cup of coffee in his hands. He laughed again as he heard Emi comment how she always wanted a little sister. "Seems we're going to have some excitement around here for the next few months.