Chapter TwentyEight | Thinking. A Lot.

A week.

A whole week had gone by since Miranda left Braydon and it was this he thought over as he sat eating breakfast with his new best friend, Amber. Was Miranda happy he was gone? Was she sad, hurting? With Jason? He didn't like that one, and chewed a little harder on his piece of toast. He had checked his phone, eager to call her, text her even - all while anxiously wondering if she would contact him.

He was too scared of further rejection from her to be the first to make a move and didn't dare talk to her parents for the same reasons. The few times he had thought he heard his phone ringing, he found it void of missed calls or any evidence of it and Carolina kept telling him that he was hearing things. She also told him to get a new number, but that wasn't going to happen.

Since the festival, Braydon had been thinking a lot. That really wasn't anything new or unusual, but the deepness to his thoughts was. He watched Carolina going about her day with an almost morbid fascination, trying to learn as much as he could about her, without her actually knowing what he was doing. That could only be a good thing as he compared her to Miranda and that wasn't something he thought she'd like to know. He couldn't help it. If he wasn't pondering the meaning of life or what his purpose could be, he was thinking about Miranda.

After speaking with Bianca that Sunday he knew she had point. What did he want? He had felt so lost, and her words seemed to help him find some kind of order with the millions of questions, thoughts and feelings he had. He might not be completely sorted out yet, but he was starting to understand what he didn't want and that was a start.

Bianca had told him to trust his gut too, but that wasn't as simple for him as it was for her. His gut told him staying away from Miranda was a smart thing to do, yet it wasn't a hundred percent convinced being here was the right place for him either.

It made him think even more.

He definetely loved Miranda, different to any kind of feelings he had or that he knew deep down that could have for Carolina. While it should have made things easier, it actually only made it worse and one of the reasons why joined him in the kitchen.

"Morning." Carolina's father walked in and looked at the duo with fake interest before making a coffee. 

This man was the part of the reason why Braydon hadn't gone back to Miranda. He trusted Carolina and  he definetely trusted Chad to know about her, but not him. He didn't like humans. He didn't like much of anything from what Braydon could tell and he was also pretty sure that included him. And the pups.

Especially Chad.

It had been a week since Miranda left him and in that time, something Braydon learnt about himself that he didn't doubt was that he liked the pups; even Oliver.

Especially Chad.

And Amber, who had introduced him to some of her favourite books that she also helped him read when ever he got confused or stuck. The world of wizards with scars in the shape of lightning bolts was nearly as hard to understand Braydon's own. He liked them though, even if Carolina asked when he was going to take an interest in something more adult. Braydon had also discovered Carolina didn't like his t-shirts with Transformers or Spiderman on.

She didn't think that the 'hipster' term Miranda told him was appropriate. He didn't care enough to try and work all that stuff out, often choosing to watch the movies about the boy wizard with Amber than listen to what Carolina thought about what he should be doing.  None of it sounded like something he'd like or was interested in anyway and when it got too much he'd drift off into his thoughts again, wondering if Miranda liked those movies and books.