Chapter Thirty | Four out of Five.

Miranda woke with a jump, and instantly Braydons grip around her waist tightened so she was pulled back down beside him. She was still adjusting to her new surroundings, and since she was barely awake it took her a few seconds to work out where she was, what had happened and that included how Braydon was back beside her. A content sigh escaped her lips as she settled back against him and glancing towards the window, the light lacked the brightness of the morning.

This wasn't how she saw her day going at all; not that she was complaining.  

Her eyes had just closed when Braydons chin was pressing into her shoulder, before she felt the barely there sensation of his kisses as he moved down her arm. Leaning over her smaller frame, he made the most of her current, naked, state of dress and Miranda giggled as his fingers left their place entwined in hers and brushed over that sensitive little spot on the curve of her hip. Every time it got her laughing; the sound she made just one more thing he added to his growing list of things he had missed about her.

 "Please tell me you have food in this house?" Braydon mumbled against Miranda's stomach, having rolled her over now.

"Of course I do. Mums already stocked up the freezer!" She laughed, before remembering her breakfast plans that had been otherwise interrupted. Glancing at the clock it was mid afternoon so really, they had just been delayed.

Going down stairs, Braydon ignored Miranda's protests and carried instead carried her down, carefully thrown over his shoulder. Once there, Braydon watched her go about trying to find a frying pan and other things from the boxes that filled the space completely at ease and content with the world. His chest felt so swollen to the point of bursting with the love he felt for her. Miranda was on the same level, and keenly aware of the way Braydon was watching her; glowing with his affections. She never really understood how or why their breakup had affected her so much, but now they were back together it literally felt like a part of her returned. Screw fate.

Once dinner was cooked, they sat in the empty living room on a picnic blanket, eating bacon and egg sandwiches off disposable plates. Braydon told her about the fair and the shifter with the human mate as well as telling Miranda more about the pups now he knew them all better. He told her about Amber as well, asking Miranda if she knew about Harry Potter; which she did. Most of it was taken in quiet reflection, even when Braydon told Miranda about Nicholas's plans for him and Carolina and the harsh truth about Manuel Corbani. 

"I actually feel really bad for Carolina," Miranda admitted.

'What? Why?" After finding out Miranda had been trying to contact him, he was beyond done with the she-wolf. Not that he wasn't before.

"If she's got pressure from your Uncle to get you to join his pack, and her Dad is a jerk, she is really left dealing with all that and those pups on her own. Are they even safe there?"

"Yeah. I think they will be fine. It'll just go back to how it used to be before I was there. Besides I got Chad a new phone and he knows he can call me when ever." He shrugged, unable to deny that he now felt a little guilty at leaving too. Why did Miranda have to say that?

"If only they could know, that I know about shifters. Like the human in that other pack!" Miranda sighed. 

"Bianca and her family are pretty awesome. I wish you could meet her!" Braydon thought out loud, before moving on. "So where's all your furniture?"

"I was planning on going shopping today to buy new stuff, but then someone decided my time was spent better elsewhere."

"Oh?" Braydon smirked, feeling almost proud at his efforts. Just like when he was introduced to kissing, he was an eager student, determined to learn as much as he could. Miranda had been all too willing to teach him and he was left even more satisfied once she showed him what she could do all on her own.