Chapter 18 - "Room 410"

Adrien takes a bite out of the apple in his hand, leisurely strolling through the quiet hospital. He needed to clear his head a little, and walking seems to help with that.
A buzzing comes from his pocket, and he pulls out his phone to check it.
He answers the call and hears Marinette's voice, "Hey, sorry, I know you're probably already on your way back, but I'm suddenly really hungry. Would you mind grabbing a snack for me real quick?"

Adrien chuckles into his phone, "Yeah, I can get you something. Anything in mind?"

"I have no idea. How about I keep you on the line, and you can tell me my choices when you get there?"

"Sounds good." He turns back around in the direction of the cafeteria, "Aren't they supposed to bring you lunch?"

"I dunno, but if so, they're taking too long," Marinette's stomach grumbles again, "My stomach is crying for food."

"Gosh, have they been starving you?" He stops too late, remembering what the nurses had said: she didn't eat nearly the entire time she was held captive.

The girl's mind momentarily flashes back to the dungeon.
Adrien stutters over the phone, "Shoot, I'm sorry, Marinette. That's probably a sore subject, I'll just-"

She interrupts him, pushing away the fresh memory, "It's okay, you didn't mean to." She forces her voice to sound care free, "Focus on the mission, silly."

So much like Ladybug; thinking of others before herself. A wave of gratefulness goes over Adrien for his Lady's understanding, even when she's in the worst of situations.

"Okay, so are you craving something salty, sweet, savory...?" He asks.

"Is there an all of the above option?" Marinette chuckles.

"I wouldn't doubt it. I'm almost there, so I'll check. I'm gonna put you on speakerphone." A beep sound comes from over the phone and suddenly Marinette's ear is full of noise from machines ringing and people talking on Adrien's end. She moves her cell away from her face and switches it to speaker too.

Adrien lists off the different dishes the cafeteria offers, and Marinette finally decides on a plate of roast beef and potatoes with some gelatin for dessert. The boy balances it all on a tray in one hand and puts his phone back up to his ear, "The package is on its way."

"You are the best!" She squeals, her mouth already watering from the thought of food.

"I know," He smirks to himself, "I'll be up in around 10 minutes."
Adrien goes to hang up the phone, but Marinette stops him,
"Wait, would you mind staying on the line? I just... I kind of like hearing your voice."

"You're lucky I have unlimited data, then, Your Highness." The girl can practically hear him raising his eyebrow in amusement.

"Good. So what I wa-" She stops short, seeing a figure on the other side of the clear wall, "Adrien, why's your dad here?"

"My dad?" He asks, surprised.

"Yeah, he's- Wait, he's coming in here, one second."

Adrien can hear Marinette talking over the other end, only hearing mutters of his father's voice. Bracing the tray in his hand, he starts walking a little faster.

"Mr. Agreste, what brings you here?" Marinette asks in the nicest voice she can.

"Well, I thought it was awful what happened, and my son seems to be rather fond of you, so I decided to pay a visit."