Chapter 11

The carving of the runes on the wooden wall took about an hour. Each rune had to be first drawn intricately then carved. The runes were pretty easy to draw, mostly straight lines and slight curves. The boys and Robert sat back on the floor proud of their work.

"It looks cool," AJ commented, "Now what do you want to do? Should we eat or get the weapons and supplies together, or figure out what we're gonna wear?"

"Calm down Alex," Robert said, "One thing at a time." He checked his watch, "It is still to early to bug the police. I think we should arrange the furniture." The others nodded. They began to carefully move tables and chairs and rugs away from the loft area of the room. They were performing their ritual in the far corner of the library, which was still a pretty big area. Three couches were pushed to the center of the area, "As you all know by now you will not be physically entering the nether realm, that is much too dangerous. You will only be astral projecting, but since none of you actually possess the gift to do it on your own the runes will help guide you to where you need to go..."

"Hey, so you're saying if we wanted to... We could actually go inside the spirit world?"

Robert nodded, "It has only been done a few times, and few people ever return to tell about it. The runes will open the veil, but each of you will be deeply asleep by that time. When you go to sleep be thinking about your final destination and your purpose. Each of you will be wearing one of these," Robert held three small cloth bags, "These are amulets that contain a sample of each of your hair, and a sample of Nick's hair, and blood. This will make sure you all go the same place. If all goes well you should be carrying your amulets, and the weapons and supplies I will give you in a bit. Just remember to concentrate."

The three sat looking solemn and nervous, "Do you really think we'll be able to pull this one off, Robert?"

Robert looked at them each in turn, "In the three days I have spent with you boys you have proved to me that you are ready to take on anything together. If anyone can succeed at this task, it will be you."

It turns out the police were more than willing to let the Robert take the boys back to their hotel, but they also permitted a hospital visit. Now of course the police did have to play bodyguards when the boys had to enter the hotel. Flocks of screaming girls surrounded the place. A police barricade had to be set up just to keep the girls off. The boys were instructed to gather their things up swiftly so they could go. The hospital was surprisingly empty. There had been a strict police warning telling any persons who were not sick, hurt, or visiting family, friends, or a member of the staff, away from the premise. No groupies allowed! The boys were greeted warmly by the Carters. There were many questions about Brian that no one could answer, like where he was. Jane Carter was trying so hard not to cry she was shaking. She hugged each boy in turn, she lingered as she hugged Kevin, "Just what were you boys planning on doing down here? Nothing but bad things have happened in this town."

Kevin gave her a light smile, "We had some unfinished business. We're sorry."

Jane nodded.

"How's he doing?" AJ asked Bob Carter who had just came back from talking to a doctor. Bob looked visibly shaken, and like his wife, he was trying not to cry, "Not well, Alex.."

"What now?" Jane asked turning pale.

Bob shook his head, "Bascially he should have woken up by now. His vitals are failing, and the doctors are bringing machines in to support him. They don't think he'll..."

Larger Than Life (Backstreet's Back sequel)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें