Chapter 16

"Howie was here!" Kevin stated flatly stomping his foot.

"Well then he must have left. I mean, he didn't exactly know we were here too!" AJ said sensibly. He had given up on trying to pull his too short shirt down, besides, he was starting to like it. It was different from the other things he wore, and it seemed to stun Kevin. AJ had run out of things to shock his fellow Backstreet Boys with a long time ago, now he had something new.

"Well, Howie couldn't have gone too far,"Kevin groaned, "Damn it! We were all in the same place! Why did he have to move?!"

"Kev," AJ placed a hand on Kevin's shoulder, "he's gone. Now you said you saw Brian earlier."

"I did," Kevin brightened up again, "He's alive! He's in some weird tunnel playing tennis with this girl."

"How come Brian gets to play tennis and I get a halter top?" AJ grumbled to himself, "Do you have any idea where that room may be, or are we playing guess the door again? This room has about 8 of 'em!"

Kevin shook his head sadly, "Guess the door."

AJ smirked, "Ok, inny, minny, miney mo." AJ spun himself in circles, "And I choose... you!" He pointed to a yellow door, "To the Bat Cave!" he exclaimed charging towards the door. Kevin rolled his eyes and followed him.

Where am I? Howie wondered. Everything was fuzzy... Were those legs he saw? He puckered up his forehead as his foggy brain tried to wake up and analyze this picture. His head hurt, something had hit him.. Not something, someone! The picture finally focused. He was hanging upside down.. In some sort of... game room? The walls were lined with various electronics and board games. It reminded him of something, something familiar... The floor of the room was cluttered with little action figures. The legs walked by him again and this time Howie gazed up to see the face, "Nick?"

"Hi Howie," Nick greeted him casually pausing to smile down at him, "Glad you finally decided to wake up. You were gonna miss all the fun."

"Nick, untie me. Let me down," Howie spoke calmly, "I am not upset with you."

Nick's eyes and smile widened with amusement, "You're not upset? Well why the hell not?" He laughed and walked towards the pool table.

"Nick, blood is rushing to my head, and I do not find this the least bit funny!"

"Who cares if you find it funny. You're only here to amuse me.. That is.. Until Chiros wants you." He snickered wickedly.

"What's happened to you?" Howie asked quietly. This couldn't be Nick! At least it couldn't be Howie's Nick. Howie thought back to the old house, when Chiros had taken them and made evil copies... Maybe this was only a copy of Nick. Nick's crazy laughter snapped him out of his reverie.

"Oh Howie, Howie, Howie... I'm no copy," Nick turned back to him. He had read his mind! He read my mind! Howie's thoughts were racing. He stared into the emotionless blue eyes laughing down at him. Howie felt the grief hit him hard in his stomach... It was Nick. This evil thing looming over him was Nick....

"Good boy Howie D," Nick's lips curved in a ghastly smile, "Now lets see if you can figure out what I'm going to do to you next."

"Nickolas, I know Chiros has gotten into your mind, and he's turned you against us! You gotta listen to me, Chiros is evil. He doesn't care about you. He's going to kill you. I'm your friend Nicky, look at me, your friend, and I'm here to help you! Fight it Nick, fight whatever hold he has on you. You can do it! Fight him!"