4

My dark secret
Part four

"Wake up honey," I heard mom say while sitting at my bed, "are you ready for school?"

"Yeah, I think..." I said while getting up.

"Ok," she said while walking to the door, "I'll let you get ready, I'll go make breakfast downstairs."

After she went downstairs I went to my closet to get ready. I wanted to use this new school as a fresh start so I needed a special outfit. Something that won't look weird and strange like the things I used to wear.

I usually don't spend a lot of time shopping so I don't have any special things so I decided to choose something simple but still better than the things I used to wear.

(Bettys outfit)

CPOV
I got up and got ready for school. I'm not really worried about it but I hope Betty will be ok I'm still really worried about her.
I went downstairs and saw Alice and Hal making breakfast.

"Hey Chic, can you go upstairs and tell Betty dinner is ready?" Hal asked.

"Yeah sure." I said and went back upstairs.
When I got to her room Betty was already dressed and on her phone.

"Breakfast is ready." I said.

"Oh ok, I'll be down in a minute." She said, and looked back at her phone.

"What is it?" I asked sitting on her bed next to her.

"I am now looking at the school website and it says that Cheryl the girl we met yesterday is the lead role at the end of school play."
"So?" I asked not understanding why that made her worry.

"I was afraid she is going to be a popular bitch but I gave her the benefit of a doubt, but have you ever seen a girl that's a lead role in school play that also has a solo in the play and that's the only song in the play and that girl isn't a bully or something like that? No! And that's why I'm worried!" She said.

"Hey she can't be that bad! At the diner she was nice maybe she really is. Don't immediately judge her go to school try to have fun and things will turn out good." I said hoping that she would actually enjoy this school.

"Ok." She said and put her head on my shoulder.